Friday, August 15, 2008

Girly Rooms

I think I'm on a decorating kick. I am loving to surf the web for pretty rooms and save them for future use. Cassidy wants a surfer room and Abby's room....well, it needs a little something and the girls bathroom needs a major overhaul. Now that I have a little more time on my hands decorating is what I am thinking about.


So, I thought I would show 3 of my favorite girly rooms and one cute boys room by my favorite designer - Candace Olsen
This is my all time, hands down favorite girls room! If I could do Abby's room like this she and I both would never come out! It's so fun having a girly girl!!! The trim work on the walls is NOT trim work!! It's just free-hand paint!! Now I could do that.This is my second favorite girls room. I love the soft colors and the stripes on the walls. I wish you could see inside the closet - it's a little reading nook! Isn't that cornice over the closet to-die-cute?! And the window has one too with a window seat! (that isn't in the picture)
This one is perfect for two sisters. The window was tiny and weird but not anymore! She did that window up right!! It's so cozy, yet funky and fresh all at the same time!
This little boys room is just plain cute. I love the ceiling detail! It makes the room look a lot larger than it is.


I think I'm on a decorating kick. I am loving to surf the web for pretty rooms and save them for future use. Cassidy wants a surfer room and Abby's room....well, it needs a little something and the girls bathroom needs a major overhaul. Now that I have a little more time on my hands decorating is what I am thinking about.



So, I thought I would show 3 of my favorite girly rooms and one cute boys room by my favorite designer - Candace Olsen

Love her, can't get enough of her and can't believe how tall she is! She's the best isn't she?


9 comments:

onehm said...

Aren't these rooms precious??? I heart Candace too. :)

Cindy said...

Wow - these are awesome! Can you come decorate my kids' rooms after you're done with yours!? If you saw them, you'd shrivel up and die. :o) Ick! They're that bad!

Think Pink said...

These rooms are all so perfect! I so wish I had a little girl - so I could have at least one cute pink room in my house. I was just looking at Pottery Barn Teen. They have very cute stuff - not to "baby-ish" like my kids said! :)

Webb Family said...

very cute!
I love how she designs too.

raising4boys said...

Those are great rooms! I love the lighting in the boys room. Where do you search for room ideas? I need ideas for my basement. I want to paint but don't know what color.

Kendra said...

I loved the rooms you picked. I have a computer file called "future decor" and it has all of my favorite rooms and ideas. Someday...

idahohubers said...

I love her too! I remember watching all of these episodes! I totally want to copy her cornice board over the closet idea someday. Although I don't think mine would look as awesome as hers! Still a clever, sort-of easy idea.

Anny said...

Cute rooms, although your girl's rooms are already pretty darn cute! I could use your help in the decorating area!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

I love these rooms! And I love surfing the net for drcor ideas!! But have you ever noticed how big the kid rooms are? They are huge! I wish my kids room were this big!!