Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Photo Class

O.K. 1st let me start by saying thank you to Crystal who found this class and asked me to go with her. I would never have had to the courage to go alone.
I couldn't sleep the night before. I was so nervous! I have a huge phobia of school and for some reason my mind was thinking this was school. While I was getting ready I was sick! I'm so lame. I didn't have anything to worry about that's for sure. This class was taught by two of the cutest girls around!
and
They were so fun and so full of knowledge! I learned how to shoot manual. Can you believe it and it's not that hard. I always thought it was going to be hard. NOPE! Not with these girls teaching it! It all came together and made so much sense.

Notice on the itinerary that we would be shooting with models. How fun was that! They had three rooms in Kristyn's house set up with models and we all took turns taking pictures of them. Learning how to get the best light, the perfect shot. Is this girl gorgeous or what?!
Like the one below - um...very over exposed wouldn't you say?

This one is a tad better but now it's a little dark


Now this one is better I think. I haven't edited any of the pictures. This is just what I took. And yes, we were practicing on live models but you can only get so many people around one tiny girl so I did a little practicing on my own with things around the house!

It was so much fun! I had no reason to worry. We talked about all kinds of great lighting, how to get it, what to wear, a little Photoshop class was thrown in. I had more fun than I have EVER in school!
At the end I couldn't believe how tired I was. My brain almost hurt it had worked so hard cramming everything into it! I am always tired at night (about 7pm I'm done!) but this was different. I was mentally tired and excited all at once. Isn't learning fun?! I guess it is if you get to learn something that you WANT to learn instead of what you HAVE to learn!
So thank you again Crystal, Kristyn and Maggie. And thanks to the rest of the girls who were there. It was so fun!

10 comments:

momof3crazykids-Val said...

Oh how fun. I hope to be getting the Nikon D80 in the next couple of months, but I will have know knowledge of how to use it to the best of it's ability. I would love a class like that. I will have to look for one here in TX.

Let Your Hair Down said...

That is so fun! What a awesome class. I am very jealous of your camera. Do they do this class often??

Melody said...

Sounds like a great class. I always think that would be fun to learn to take really great pics. I'm just grateful if I can get my subjects to pause for a milisecond to get a shot without blur of some sort :)

Kimmurs said...

Sounds like fun...I never new you had a phobia of school ?

Tiffany said...

Okay, I am SO JEALOUS!Ü right now!! I love that picture of all of all you girls taking pictures of the model. It looks like it was an INSANELY fun and productive day- I wish I could get inside your brain and learn everything you learned!! When is their next class?? I would REALLY love to go!! And way to conquer your fear!!! Good job!!!

idahohubers said...

Oh I'm drooling over here and so wishing I could have been there! I agree that photography is FUN to learn about and way better than school (even though I liked school). I get those 'brain overload' feelings too! There are so many little details to learn about.

Bits Of Becca said...

Since blogging, I have been much more interested in taking better pictures. It looks like you had such a fun time. I want to take a photography class too. Going with a friend would be fun. You'll have to post a little "taking pictures 101" for those who couldn't go.

Jen said...

Hey Cara! It was so fun meeting you there. Your photos look great! Especially with no editing!

Crystal Star said...

Yeah for us!!! Your a fun friend to do this with. I think it's funny that you were nervous! I was so excited and hopeful- I'm so happy we went.

Mrs. Jones said...

I want to go to a class like that! How much fun. I'm saving up for a really awesome camera, too.

I love your blog, girl. I'll be back.

~Heather