Sunday, May 2, 2010

52 Blessings Project #17 & #18

I'm going to do another two in one!

#17 - Growing up my parents had a sign that hung in their dining room.  It said:

"Clausen Cafe and Boarding House"

Someone had made it for them because they always had people coming to visit and staying over.  It was the gathering place.  As our family grew we ran out of room for extra guests but we still managed to have people over all the time.  Choir practice was held weekly in our music room, friends were always sleeping over, my Mom did babysitting so my brothers would always have extra playmates.  Our house was small but always full of extra friends.

The tradition has continued with our house.  Ever since Tom and I have been married (15 years) we have had someone  staying with us for extended periods of time.  I think out of the 15 years we have only lived with our little family 3 or 4 years.  It's always a party over here!  This weekend not only did we have Tom's brother (who's a regular) but we had our niece Sela and her dog Shellie - (Cassidy's age), our other niece London (Abby's Age) over for a weekend slumber party since Sela was here from San Diego.  Fun, Fun!!!
I do love having people here and I'm happy to carry on the tradition of the boarding house and cafe.  I've always wanted our house to be the gathering spot and I guess it is.  What a blessing♥ 
(Now I just need a sign!)

#18 - I love our new TV that's in our bedroom.  I know - this is a silly blessing but.......it's so crisp and clear it's like I'm watching real life TV.  Plus, I love watching TV in my nice warm comfortable bed.  It's my favorite spot in the house.  We have a HUGE couch and TV in the family room but I much prefer my bedroom.  It's my get-a-way spot. All my comforts are in there- pillows, lotions for my dry hands, my glasses (so I can see the TV) all my favorite recorded shows and Flower the Cat always seems to find me in there.  It's perfect! 

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

So...new tv instead of a new resting place for your feet? Good choice!

Lynn F. said...

Cara, I love your new topper. Love the gorgeous plants, love the doorway, especially love your little beauties, YOU are what I want to be when I grow up. (ie: The best mom/wife) :)

Brandi said...

Wow your right those yellow flowers really did bloom over your door. So pretty. Love the new pictures.