Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Today....


It's all Christmas goodness around here.
I know it's January 4th but I'm still enjoying all of it.
So it's staying up.


Usually I can't wait for Jan. 1st to get my house back in order. All of December this year I felt so overwhelmed, stressed out, and rushed I just didn't enjoy Christmas at all and I missed it.  That's why I haven't even asked to get the boxes out of the attic.  It feels good.  Hey!  We may even break out the gingerbread house tonight and get it put together!
 (yes, there are still (fake) presents under the tree - the benefits of throwing a holiday party)

Not to worry, January is looking pretty positive, very organized and even though it's been freezing cold I've been on the happy train.  I have already cleaned out and organized my office, the girls rooms are next on the list along with their bathroom.  I . can't . wait.  When things are clean everything feels brighter doesn't it?!


And just because:
I will be so sad when I don't walk into a room to find a remnant of fun from my girls.  Don't they look like they are having a fun time sitting on the side of the tub?  The one in the blue looks like she is up to something......?  Before we got our girls I longed to have toys on the floor to step on and promised myself I would never take creative fun from my children for granted.  So....the barbies sit on my tub waiting for another play time from Miss Abbs.  And it makes me smile♥

2 comments:

Mardi said...

I haven't taken don't my Christmas decorations either. Not that I don't want to, I do. But I don't want to go get the boxes in the barn because it is freezing outside. It is on my to do list for the week.

Webb Family said...

It looks great & I'm so happy you got the Santa picture love it!
I love kiddos & their big imaginations.