Friday, February 16, 2007

Book Club Night

Book club was last night at my house. I haven't had it at my house since Dec. 05. It was so fun and I was happy that it was Valentines week so I could give everyone a little present. I made them all book logs to keep track of what books they read. I thought they turned out cute and was happy to give them away. By the time I was done making them - I was sick of them! I do however have to thank my secret blog friend Michelle for the idea. She doesn't know I exist but her ideas are endless and I love them! Book club lasted until about 1am (pretty normal for us)and we were all pretty tired today for "fun Friday" I say it was worth it. I look forward to book club so much since I don't get to see everyone at church anymore. It's a time to catch up and learn from all these amazing girls that are my friends. I love them all!

Here are a couple of things I learned from book club:

1. Don't be so hard on Cassidy and her "messy" habits. Abby (the clean freak) is NOT normal and I can't compare her to Cass. Point taken, I will shut her door from now on and help her clean when need be. Pick your battles. Got it!

2. We had a GREAT discussion about the book - The Poisonwood Bible. Now I don't have to read the 500 page masterpiece. Thank heavens!

3. We are all out of the "baby" stage of our lives and now watch A LOT of T.V. We talked about all our favorite shows and I think between us all we watch EVERY show on prime time! WOW!!!!!! Thank heavens for Tivo.

4. Cupcakes are fun to make and fun to eat. My new favorite treat! Oh and the Cherrybrook Kitchen Chocolate Chip cupcakes and frosting are my new #1 dairy-free dessert. They were TO-DIE!!!!!

Our next book is The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards. I'm 1/2 way through it and I think it will make for interesting discussion. Next month book club is at Lori's. I can't wait!

No comments: