Thursday, April 26, 2007

This................

Is what "I'm Sorry" looks like.


Cassidy has been sitting next to a naughty boy in class at school (not her choice). Yesterday they both got into trouble and Cassidy felt really bad about it. She loves her teacher and admitted that it was partly her fault. I'm not quite sure what happened, but she felt bad and I'm glad she had remorse for her actions.


This morning we were eating breakfast talking about what we could do to make things right. I suggested writing an I'm sorry card. Cassidy suggested taking Mrs. Workman the roses that I had on the table. I wanted to say no because they are SOOOO pretty, but I thought this would be a good teaching moment so I put my selfish rose fetish aside and said O.K.

Look how happy Cassidy is in the car about to get out for school. I hope she remembers this years from now. I hope she isn't naughty on purpose in the future just so she can take flowers to the teacher.


Thanks Mindy for the roses! They are beautiful!
(I picked them yesterday from her rose bush.)

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Those are so pretty! they would be really hard for me to give them up! Good girl though.

Crazymamaof6 said...

beautiful roses! you are a fabulous mom for sharing your roses and teaching your daughter remorse and how to apologize! It seems like such a basic thing, that everyone should know , but it is so rare these days.

Brooke said...

i was just talking with a friend about respecting adults. you are a good mom. it was fun seeing you!