Sunday, June 24, 2007

Book Club

O.K. I'm a little behind in commenting on book club since it was Wed. AND Thurs. but I had so much fun I'm going to post anyway.


Wed. night I forgot it was my wards book club until 8:30. When I called to get directions Lizzy answered the phone saying "speak of the devil!" So I headed over there and had so much fun! It was my 1st time at this book club and since they picked one of my selections I thought I should go. I'm so glad I did! Lizzy, Erin and I all tried to convince everyone else there to start a blog. The book was Follow the River by James Alexander Thom. I told everyone that it wasn't my favorite book, but it was a life changing book. It haunts me. It makes me appreciate my life and if something bad did happen I would definitely keep my kids with me! I am upset however because I brought my camera and didn't take a picture. Maybe I forgot because subconsciously I didn't want all these girls finding out what a weirdo I am. Ha, Ha! You can see a picture of Lizzy's table filled with treats here.


Thursday night was my regular book club and it was at Lori's. I didn't take any pictures of that either! What a dope I am. She out did herself with the food! Usually no one eats because it's so late but who could resist the feast that was presented to us? There was homemade guac and salsa, candy galore, a fruit salsa thing that we ate on cinnamon crisp-as that was SO YUM! (I'll have to get the recipe and post it) We also had pina coladas & strawberry daiquiris w/ umbrellas! We sat around eating and drinking and laughing so hard you would have thought there was something in those daiquiris! The book we discussed was of course Twilight. We have only been discussing this book since we went on the cruise. You would think we had nothing more to discuss but we did and we did it until 1am! I'm so glad to have such great friends that even when life gets so busy we still have one night that is just ours. It boosts my spirits and makes the rest of the week so much better. Thanks girls!


I forgot.......I did take 2 whole pictures at book club (I am a dope!) My favorite was Monica's shirt. Check it out! It says on the front: Bite Me


















and on the back (look down) isn't that the best? See our cruise pictures here!!!

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

fun! sounds like a pretty great couple of evenings! I still need to read twilight! and fun shirt!

Lizzy said...

oh i need that shirt-so funny! Thanks for coming to our book club, we love you there :)

Lindsey said...

I have read Follow the River also, WOW talk about a book. It makes you feel wonderful and awful all at the same time. It is a very hard book to get through, there are many parts in it that made me want to stop reading it. But I am glad I finished it!!

K, now that you have read Twilight, you have to read New Moon!! SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! Plus the 3rd book is coming out Aug 3rd. I think I am gonna read them again before the next one comes out.

PS: That shirt is awesome!!!