Wednesday, June 13, 2007

one more thing........

.............................before I'm off to bed.



I told Abby to think of some things to dream about tonight. She wasn't settling down so I thought this would be a good idea to get her to lay down and be quiet. I gave her some examples: flowers, swimming, her kitty. She thought for a moment and then said:

"I'm going to dream of the Yizard of Boz."

"Great idea!" I said
(trying not to laugh out loud!)

I love her little way of saying things. It makes me not want her to ever grow up!




Then I went in and read to Cassidy. We are reading,
"The Tale of Despereaux"

Monica had picked it for our December book club selection. She wanted to have us read it to our children while sitting at the Christmas tree. I of course did not get around to doing that but am so sad I didn't! It would have been a perfect setting. Light and dark. This is a wonderful book if anyone needs something to read to the kids this summer. The best part? The Princess in the story is named Pea. That is Cassidy's nickname since she was born! She is loving this story! Thanks Monica!



Questions:

Do you have any good books you are reading,

or are reading to your kids?

What is a favorite word your little one gets wrong?

3 comments:

Webb Family said...

How cute! I love when kids mix phrases up they are so funny. And, I agree about not wanting them to grow up.

kristi brooke said...

we read this book and loved it!

onehm said...

I will have to go get this one. Thanks for recommending it!