Monday, July 23, 2007

Today's Top Ten

The top ten things that happened today, good and bad!

1. Bad: It took my girls until 1pm this afternoon to get their 3 little jobs done!
2. Bad: My poor body has been in severe pain since Friday night due to this storm front that has moved in and settled over our town. (I have rheumatoid arthritis-hence the pain)
3. Bad: I seem to be in a grouchy funk and I can't seem to get out of it, even after eating chocolate and drinking zip-fizz!
4. Bad: We got London a Barbie for her birthday today and when I was in my room folding clothes...Abby came in and opened said Barbie and decided it was hers!
5. Good: I walked outside my front door today on my way to Target (to buy above said Barbie) and had to stop dead in my tracks to marvel at the most glorious clouds of the year! I love big, white, puffy clouds and today was a brilliant show of yumminess!
6. Good: I got all the laundry done and put away. Yeah for me!
7. Good: We got Cassidy her 1st bra today. Well, it's not really a bra, more like a sports bra but she was thrilled and had to prance around the house in it for the rest of the day. My favorite part was all of us sitting at the dinner table and Cassidy telling her Daddy with no embarrassment that she got a bra. I give Tom bonus points for being excited about it and not being embarrassed either! He's such the perfect girl dad! Boy I wish that had been the case when I got my 1st bra. WOW..times have changed.
8. Good: Even though my girls were HUGE stinkers most of the day, they sure made up for it by giving me lots of love and hugs and kisses. Even when they are bad, I just can't help but love those two little girls.
9. Good: I got to have an hour long massage tonight and it was....wonderful!
10. Good: After the massage I came home to find both girls in bed, the house cleaned up and I got to take a nice long hot bath. My favorite thing for sure!

Even though I wanted to just blog about the horrible day I had, once I got started I realized that there was actually more good things that happened than bad. Funny how we look at things. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a brighter outlook and will get out of the little funk I'm in!


Was your Monday Good or Bad?
Did you see the amazing clouds today?
When do most girls get their 1st bra???

9 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is so crazy- it must be the weather!! I am so sorry you have to be in such pain. Glad you were able to get that well needed massage.

Lizzy said...

oh the questions...
Bad Monday (but chris is trying really hard to make it better)
clouds and wind were very nice!
i got my bra when i was in the 5th grade and it was a very weird moment for my Mom and me. i am so happy it went well with guys-Tom is awesome!

Crazymamaof6 said...

monday bad, aiming for a great tuesday though. Liberty got her first bra last year, she is 7, not needed but she wanted one and I bough some really cute ones at believe it or not , The Dollar store! and they are great for training, i figured i better get them while she was excited about them instead of when she need one but doesn't want one. Loved the clouds today! and the wind. sorry you have been aching! huge bummer! yeah on the massage!

Erin said...

Sorry about the arthritis. Ryan is probably hurting too, although he hasn't said anything you've reminded me I should be more sympathetic (i'm not very good at that). Love the clouds. We jsy t got home from swim lessons and the kids were swimming in the rain, only in Arizona can you swim while its raining.

Lindsey said...

I think I was 10, can't really remember all I know is I begged and begged for one. Samantha is 8 and I am thinking of getting her one

Lindsey said...

I think I was 10, can't really remember all I know is I begged and begged for one. Samantha is 8 and I am thinking of getting her one

Webb Family said...

I had a very bad Monday & have been in a funk myself! Sorry you have been hurting. I think I was in 6th grade when I got my first bra!! What a sweet hubby to have the house clean & the girls in bed. You lucky girl!!!

Lindsey said...

An. hour. long. massage?

That is my dream come true.

Hope you are feeling better! The weather does bad things to me, too.

Lindsey said...

The last comment was from the other Lindsey (from Just Recipes.)