Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Things To DO:

I am in a posting rut. I have a lot of things I could be posting. But....I'm finding so much joy in reading everyone else's blogs that I end up not posting on my own. I need to post on mine first and then catch up on all the latest.

On a side note, I haven't been spending as much time on the computer as I was a few weeks ago. School has started and although I thought life would slow down because of it, it has sped up! And FAST! I seem to be running in several directions all at once.

Here is my To-Do-List that seems to never get done:

1. Organize this office.
The files, the closet, the pictures. All of it needs a major overhaul and I'm not quite getting to it. ( Wonder why? Maybe because it sure doesn't sound like a fun project?!)

2. Organize my finances.
Well, I have officially given up. I'm horrible at it and since Tom is the finance guy I have turned it over to him. My life lesson on this situation is - I am not good at it and I quit! I'm not proud of my inability. I wish I could chart and graph and plan and see into the future. But my brain is not built for these kind of things. I have other areas of focus that I am good at and I plan to work on those instead.

3. Organize my schedule.
I want to wake up each day and know what I have planned. Right now I am working on brain power and lets face it, my brain has flaws. I would love to figure out how to make Outlook ding me with appointments, birthdays and such. Since I check my e-mail throughout the day this would be fabulous!!! Also writing things on my calendar and then looking at the calendar would be helpful as well. I told you the brain has flaws!

4. Do things that I love.
I seem to be spending all my time doing the things that I have to do. Laundry, cleaning, homework, errands, church jobs. I am thankful to be able to do all these things. I don't mind doing all these things, and for the most part I enjoy doing all these things. What I need to do is set aside time for me to do hobbies that fill my soul. I would love to take a real photography class. Weekly. Learn new things. Do homework. Know what AV is or how to do depth of field. I would love to learn digi-scrapbooking. Photo shop. Yoga. I want to plant a vegetable garden this fall with brandy wine tomato's, peppers, basil, cucumbers and lettuce. I miss having a garden and need to make time for that. I want to go on walks with my kids, or better yet bike rides on my Wizard of Oz bike and explore our little town. I want to read more, sleep more, exercise more, love more, share more, help more and be more.

For now, I will try and be focused on my day to day list and hopefully add in a few of my to do list items. Everyday is an adventure and I'm looking forward to the ride.


What are some things on your To-Do-List?
How do you find the time to do the things that you love?
What are some of the things that you love?

7 comments:

Webb Family said...

I'm feeling the same way! I had to get on the computer to look something up for my brother, and I have not moved since! I have been reading some of the mean comments on Heidi's blog, so mean & sad!
I really want to start to do Yoga too, if you find a good video let me know.
What do you think about Saturday-are we on or should we plan for another day?

Erin said...

Cara, you are so ambitious! There are so many good, fun things that you want to do. I wish I were more like you. I don't have that many goals, I would like to learn digital scrapbooking. Right now it seems like cleaning the house is more than I can handle (or want to anyway). I would love to take a photography class though. Let me know when you are going to take one, it would be fun to do it together.

Jennifer said...

Cara, I am going to try and put in a square foot garden. I'm hoping to get the ground ready this weekend. Do you want to do it together?

AND come join me in yoga sometime. Check out www.gilbertyoga.com I love the Monday and Friday classes with Ingrid.

Let me know when you want to go...

AND have you read The Goose Girl?

Lizzy said...

sometimes i feel like we are so alike. Your list is the list i need/want to have. i tried really hard to take a photography class in high school, but it was already full. It's been a life long goal of mine-I just need to do it. Because i work so much, my goals are to take more time off and spend more time with family and friends. I also need to get up to speed with our bills etc... Chris would love me to take this over. i am actually really good about spending money,but to always see how little we actually have makes me depressed-any ideas? Thanks for you post, really got me thinking!!

Lori said...

I loved your post, too. My favorite to do was the "to do things you I love". The organizing ones are just not as fun. Sometimes I feel a little guilty because I spend my mornings playing basketball and going to the gym, because those are things I love, and maybe I should be spending more time on the organizing....Oh well, I guess we all just have to find that balance!!

Dancin Queen said...

Oh man, I am such a list maker. I love writing lists. The way that I find things that love to do lately is just very late at night after kids are in bed. My favorite luxury is reading. I love snuggling up in my bed with a good book and a bowl of popcorn with no interuptions.

Tiffany said...

Cara, I loved how you said that you needed to make time to do activities that "fill your soul"... I loved that phrase!!! ...so perfect!! I loved your list... I also love gardening (but I've yet to figure out how to do it since I moved down here), taking walks and jogs are my FAVORITE thing of all time to do...(back before I was on bedrest) I would take a walk every day with my kids and that was SO filling to me!! ...and I love yoga too... although I've only really ever gotten into it when I've been pregnant! ( I have this great video that Jimmy makes fun of that's called "Yoga Mamma"Ü!) ... oh and p.s. the way you make those smiley faces is hold down the "alt" button and push the #6 button three times in a row!