Saturday, September 8, 2007

Book Club - Eclipse

Thursday night was book club at Christi's. The book - Eclipse. It was of course, the highlight of my week. Sad but true! I don't get out much. Plus, Monica had all sorts of crazy plans in the works so I knew this was going to be fun!


Wednesday Monica and I made bookmarks for everyone that matched our book signing shirts.

My heart belongs to.......(insert spouse's name here)
But my neck belongs to Edward!

We also made little cards to put in the treats we were planning on bringing to book club. Dancing Queen gave us some brilliant ideas and we used some of them. Thanks girl!
Then that night we roamed around Wal-Mart looking for pink roses to line the walkway and for the table, Hershey Kisses for our "Cold Kisses" (we froze them so they were cold - Dancing Queen's idea) and Love bites (licorice bites) and a few other random things we needed. Who doesn't love a trip to Wal-mart with a friend and no kids???!!!

Monica went all out and planned Bella's birthday party like she was Alice in New Moon. She is the detail queen and pretty much thought of every little detail making the night one not to forget. She wrapped a bunch of presents in silver wrapping paper, had pink roses all over the table and even made the BIGGEST pink birthday cake I have ever seen! Not only was it beautiful, but it was yummy! I think it was the 1st night that everyone there had a piece of dessert and ate most of it! ( we tend to be nibblers that late at night!)

Also, we discussed the book for a long time making it the 2nd longest book club discussion since Follow the River. Very interesting points were brought up and discussed. I had so much fun! Thanks girls for making my week! And just to put everyone's mind at ease......there was both Team Edward and Team Jacob present, so the discussion wasn't one sided......for Edward!!

Here are some pictures of our Bella Birthday Party.






6 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh my gosh that looked fabulous! how fun is that?! i am so jealous! what a fun night out/book club! what a fun bunch of ideas!

Lizzy said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness! You have a SUPER FUN book club! How cute is that!LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Stie: My Favorite Things said...

Oh, I am an Edward girl for sure. In fact, if she doesn't get rid of Jacob, I'm going to be one ticked off woman. Lurv me some Edward.

That sounds like my kind of book club. So fun!

Dancin Queen said...

Hi STie! I'm STILL a Jacob fan. Long live the werewolves.

Cara--that book club looks awesome! I need to live closer to you guys! That cake looks so yummy, and very professional! Way to go "Alice!"

Megan said...

That looks like so much fun and yummy! You guys really know how to put a book club together! the YW in your ward must be jealous, ours would be!

Lindsey said...

what a fun night. those books are so fabulous, can't wait for the next one.