Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Randomness

Today was a very hard day. Amberly was very hard. My sweet little shadow that is always so even tempered, happy-go-lucky, mild mannered was a PMS nightmare. I say PMS because if you have little girls the PMS starts early and you know what I'm talking about. Every little thing set her off into a crying heap on the floor. I should have taken pictures. It would have been about a dozen or so pictures of her crying, sad, flung out on the floor, throwing things, and screaming. Yep, what a day. So glad it's almost over! I'm not sure if she's sick or over tired or what. Just thought I would remind myself that even though today was hard, tomorrow I can start over and forget about today. I sure wouldn't want to have my life without her so I will cope with the bad. especially since the bad is very rare and I really have nothing to complain about!

On a lighter note. It was my turn to drive carpool for Abacus today and guess what is 3 min. from Abacus??? Goodwill! I can't stop people. I had to go. I dropped the kids off and sad, thirsty, Amberly (we had to stop for some water 1st) headed into Goodwill. I found a plethora of goddies to bring home to the dress up box! What I didn't get was, a brand new adult size Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz costume ($8.99), a beautiful wedding dress that kind of looked like mine and was modest! (29.99), lots of boy things, a wonderful ghost that could have hung outside on the porch (5.99) I think I may go back for that come to think of it, and some size 15 Nike basketball high top shoes. What could I do with those??/ I don't know but I'm sure Monica could come up with something! She is amazing in the costume department. Anyway, I think the costume search is over. I don't think I have room for much more. Cassidy's size is harder to find things but this year I have gotten her a few new things and she's more than happy. Which of course makes me more than happy!

One last funny story and then I'm off to bed. Garrett was at our house for our Wednesday play day with Amberly and we met up with Monica, Mindy and Cole for lunch. Always a fun treat. After we had ordered and our food had come Garrett (being all of 4 years old) told the waiter to "come here" The waiter came over and knelt down so he was right at eye level with Garrett and Garrett said,

"hey, I have to tell you something. Knock Knock."
The waiter said, "who's there?"
Garrett said, "Boo"
Waiter, "Boo Who?"
Garrett, " Boo who what are you crying for?"

That caught us all so off guard that we all busted up laughing!!! The waiter thought this was the funniest kid on the planet! The cutest thing was after Garrett finished the joke he put his little hand over his mouth and turned his head to the side and started to laugh. He wins the cool kid award today for sure! Did I mention that we did not prompt this? I didn't even know he could tell a joke! But I guess I should have known since he is Kurts son (my brother) and Kurt is pretty darn funny. Way to go Dad for teaching your kid a cool joke and the confidence to tell it in the perfect setting!

12 comments:

Stie: My Favorite Things said...

My little princess had a PMS day yesterday, too. EVERYTHING set her off. What is it about little girls and emotions? UGH.

Lindsey said...

i don't know how old your little one is... but we have been dealing with that for years. how come no ever said little girls get it too? oh well you take the bad with the good ;)

Erin said...

I have to tell you that I almost went to the thrift store yesterday in search of dress ups for Kate, she loves to dress up already. I would have gone but Kate needed a nap. Maybe next year

Dancin Queen said...

Oh-I feel your pain. All of us with girls feel your pain. I was talking to one of my friends yesterday and her husband wants to take their 8 year old in to see the school counselor. He thinks there's something seriously wrong because she throws fits and has attitudes. We were laughing. The poor men have no idea how crazy us females are. And the craziness starts early, and there's no way around it.

onehm said...

Hope today was better! You are such a good mom! I am really so impressed!

Crystal Star said...

I've gone to thrift stores 5 times this season already. But, I do believe you have already been to the ones I go to since there isn't near the selection as in the past. It could be my girls in bigger sizes too. I have managed to spend way too much on cute outifts, church dresses, soccer shoes, maternity clothes, on and on and on....

cindylou said...

Cara -- you're such a great mom to those darling little girls of yours!! I have to admit -- I'm glad to hear other people have PMS days with their girls, and it's isn't just mine!! Aren't they soo dramatic?? You gotta love 'em! I hope today Abby had a happier day! :o)

Tiffany said...

Cara... Thank you SO much for getting that darling outfit for Sarah!!! I'm totally going there on Saturday to get some stuff for Davis. You're the best! Thanks for helping me out... (and don't worry, I haven't forgotten to pay you back! Ü)

Mique said...

just wanted to say hi and thanks for stopping by.....
I've got one girlie myself with the same problem. She's great at school and everywhere else but then just melts when we're at home....aughhh!

Webb Family said...

I'm sorry you were having a hard day! I really need to start going to thrift stores. I still can't believe it's time for costumes!

Crazymamaof6 said...

we used to chart my daughters cycle to see if there was a rhyme or reason she would suddenly pitch fits all day every day, never get dressed, never get her hair done. wouldn't eat. yeah she had a real cycle. it was super lame! but it seems to have gotten a little better. ans my other girls aren't near as bad. my littlest one had the same thing the same day last week. maybe it was something in the ear, or the tides.

Nikki said...

Cara- You crack me up with your costume searching. I should go hit some D.I.'s here in Utah and see what I can find. You are starting to sound like Martha Bradford. Did you know she is a costumaholic just like you??? Maybe you should start an AA class :) tee hee I'm sure Ellerie would absolutely love it if I bought her all those fun dress-ups! You're a great mom!