Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm Back...........

and Kauai was...........

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! We were gone ten whole days with our kids and it was bliss. We got our Daddy's undivided attention, we made lots of family memories (mostly good, one bad), Cassidy learned to be a little surfer girl and Amberly turned into a little brown beach bunny. We definitely did not want to come back. We even thought of ways we could buy a house and stay! But reality set in and we new it wouldn't work. We would miss our friends, our family, our kitty Flower. I even thought I would get a little claustrophobic being on an island with no where to go if there was an emergency or something.

We met a lot of wonderful people, saw some of the most beautiful scenery of our lives, witnessed the largest and brightest rainbow of my life. Words cannot describe the experience. We saw a "green" Grand Canyon, a black sand beach, clear blue water, a huge waterfall, trees so tall you couldn't see the tops and they had vines growing all the way up with leaves bigger than my head! We felt sunshine on our faces and raindrops on our heads all at the same time. We ate the most disgusting Mexican food and the most delicious mango's. We saw pineapples growing on spiky bushes and bananas growing on tall skinny trees. All four of us went snorkeling and we saw hundreds of beautiful fish. During the day the island was covered with roaming chickens and roosters and at night BIG HUGE frogs. What a sight! Tom and the girls went through the largest maze in the world in just under an hour. We learned to say Aloha and Mahalo, and each day was filled with endless fun. This was a vacation we will want to do again and again. I'm so thankful for Tom for making me go (even though I was very nervous about it) and that we were able to take the girls. It was, to say the least a magical vacation!

Check out tomorrow for my Top Ten Tuesday! I'll have pictures to post!!



Question:
1. What has been your favorite vacation?
2. What would be your dream vacation?
3. Have you ever been to Kauai?
4. I made the brown part on my blog a little wider,
did it mess up the sidebar for anyone?

7 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

yay! so glad you are back i missed you! can't wait for pics. i have to say we don't vacation. i have never been to Kauai or Hawaii for that matter. and your blog looks great! glad you are back ! and safe! what a fun vacation memory for your family!

crystal said...

Hi there--I found ya on my friend Wendi's blog! I am so jealous of your vacation. (also of your blog design...)

Dancin Queen said...

Your blog looks so great! It didn't mess up my sidebar at all.

Loved reading this post, my hubby and I went to Kauai last year for our 10 year and it was so heavenly. Definitely our dream vacation. We wished our kids were with us, they would have loved it.

I thought it was so funny that there were chicken running all over, but our favorite was snorkeling with all of those huge turtles!

lindsey said...

first off the blog looks great!! second, i have been dying to go to Hawaii sound like you guys had a blast.

my favorite trip i have ever been on was to NY with my 3 sisters. i did break my foot while i was there but it was so much fun.

onehm said...

What a fun trip! Someday we'll get there too!!!!
I love the new blog look-the sidebar looks fine to me. And I can't wait for the top ten and photos!!!

Lizzy said...

sounds SO wonderful!! I am so glad you had such a wonderful time with your family. Can't wait to see pictures :) I have been to Hawaii once, but would love to check out other islands.

tjk42 said...

Hi, my name is Tammy, I found you on my friend Megan's blog. I live both in Az and in Princeville Kauai. From looking at your pictures I am pretty sure I was at the beach when your family was getting surf lessons! I remember the older man and the lady with red hair mostly. Did you happen to attend church at the Hanalei branch? Your pictures are great, I'm glad you loved your time there. It's a wonderful island.