Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Handy to Have


This little handy hanging thing is a lifesaver for me! I have it hanging in my hall and everything, I mean everything gets clipped to to it. Birth announcements, invitations, pictures, the girls art. It's perfect at Christmas because I take everything down and hang all the cards and letters I get.

The best part.......I don't have a fridge full of papers that get knocked off and lost.
The second best part....when the girls want to hang something up and it's full, they choose what to take down and replace. No more "mean Mommy" for having thrown away their favorite coloring page they did when they were two!
The third best part.......it's always changing and never gets old!

All you do is go to Target and buy curtain rods to fit your space. I chose three, but my cousin has two. Then buy the curtain clips (in the same section) and put those onto the rods. Hang and enjoy! (a little FYI this picture was taken last year so if you look real close all the pictures have Abby as a baby!)

Question:
What do you do with all your papers from the kids?
Do you hate a messy fridge like me or am I nuts-o-la?
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

onehm said...

What a wonderfully fun idea!!
I love it!
I have frames by our front door that hold some of the artwork-they are made for this (gotta love pottery barn) so it changes somewhat regularly.
I also let them put whatever they want on the fridge in the pantry!

Erin said...

Great Idea. I may have to copy you (if I ever get around to it.) Jack's papers are hanging in his room on something like what you have. I do hate a massy fridge but, sadly mine is anyway.

Pam said...

My fridge is stainless so I can't hang anything on it. Although, I do need to put a rod like yours up in the boys room.

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! loving this idea! fabulous!

Nikki said...

Cute! I use a photo board..you know the kind that has ribbon criss crossing so it holds stuff up. I have a big one in my laundry room and another one right in the front entry hall. I'll have to post a picture sometime on my blog! I do love the rod look though that is great! Thanks for sharing!

cindylou said...

Sooo cute! I love it! I have strings hanging in my kids rooms from one end to the next with clips on it, so that they can hang whatever art work they want. Same idea -- if it gets full, THEY decide which one to take down and throw away, instead of me, so I'm not the mean mom. I also have one in my basement, so we've got artwork all over. My fridge is stainless steel, so I can't put stuff on it. I think I like your idea better -- it's much cuter!

Laurie M. said...

what a great idea! I do hate a messy fridge but never knew what to do with the stuff that ends up there. Now I know! thanks

Dancin Queen said...

What a cute idea. I purposely bought a stainless steel fridge for that reason. No magnets stick to it.

Amy said...

I love it! I've been trying to come up with something for all of Caleb's art work he's been taping to the wall! I've thought of doing a magnet board, but I really like your idea. Just might steal it!

THE Bridesmaid said...

That is genius!

Crystal Star said...

Mine is not as cute, but I just put up a bulletin strip in my hallway- I just staple the artwok up. It doesn't work for photos though.

Shanna said...

Hey girl! I'm just seeing this post! I have ALWAYS loved your rods!!! Here's a link to the handy little thing I made to hold my girls' artwork.....love it!

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1093323

Natasha said...

What a fabulous idea! I just may have to try this. My 6 year old and 4 year old bring home so much "art" that this would be perfect for it!