Friday, November 2, 2007

It was a close call...............


..............but I'm ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!
I was sooo sick! I had a kidney infection that started on Friday night. By Saturday afternoon, I was in bed with a fever, headache, body ache. The girls had Jane and Jill over for most of the day so they just played while I laid in my bed in misery. By Sunday night I was BAD!!!! At midnight I almost called 911, yes that's how bad it was. Did I mention Tom was out of town Sat- Tues? No I didn't mention it because I didn't want any stalkers to know I was alone! Anyway, I went to the Dr. on Monday and all I can say is, "THANK YOU ANTIBIOTICS!!" It took until Thursday for me to really start feeling like myself.


The good news, I lost 6 pounds! YIPEE!!!
The bad news, I missed all my favorite parties! Boo-Hoo, sniff, sniff! I had to pawn my kids off twice so they could go. I couldn't deny them the fun even though I was sick.

We did have our 3rd annual Halloween Party here because I can't have a 3rd Annual Halloween Party next year. That just doesn't work for me. Lucky for me my Halloween party is very low key and I didn't have to do much. We had Chili and corn bread and Frito's (can't have chili w/o the Frito's people). Hot dogs and soda and lots and lots of candy. We went trick-o-treating and watched two movies on the garage while we sat out on the driveway. Fun, Fun! Even Almighty is sooo funny!


A HUGE thank you to everyone for their calls and e-mails and service. I'm so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family. Tom thanks you too. He's so sad he couldn't be here to take care of me. Truthfully, I didn't tell him exactly how sick I was until he got home. Otherwise he would have had his trip ruined by worrying. So thank you, thank you! I'm back and I'll be posting pictures of Halloween today! YEA!

10 comments:

Lori said...

I'm sooo glad you're feeling better. I've never had a kidney infection, but I've had kidney stones. (Those are no fun!!!) Can't wait to see the fun Halloween pictures.

Erin said...

So glad that you are feeling better. I'm excited to see your Halloween Pics!

Webb Family said...

I'm happy that you are feeling back to normal we sure missed you at the parties! Thanks for a fun night! That movie was so cute and funny!

Lizzy said...

I am so sorry you were SO sick. I have had that before and you are right, its NO FUN! Glad you are feeling better.

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh that is the worst! and i am totally the type to tell my hubby i am so sick he'd better come home and ruin his trip! you are fabulous! you poor thing always thinking of everyone else! can't wait for pics! and i am so glad you are feeling better.

Dancin Queen said...

I figured you must really be down and out to not blog all week!

lindsey said...

no fun! i am glad you are feeling better.

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you are better. I hate it when you are not feeling good. It makes me sad.

Nikki said...

Okay Cara...I had that same thing happen about 2 months ago. I thought I had the flu but by the third day, which was a Sunday also, I was about to DIE!!! Chad took me to the urgent care and same thing...KIDNEY INFECTION... that is one sickness I hope to never experience again! It was horrible and took me about 4-7 days until I was back to fully functioning. UGHHH!! So sorry you had to go through that. Glad you're back on your feet!

Megan said...

You have other stalkers than me? I totally would have left you alone. Glad you are feeling better that sounds like it was quite serious and painful.