Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thankful Sickly Sunday

I'm sick.
Really sick.
It's not fun.
I couldn't stay in my bed another moment and had to check some blogs and post. I'm sitting here wrapped in my Italian pashminie straight from Italy and shaking like a leaf. Thank you Monica, I am loving it!!!! Why can't I handle an illness when I can handle arthritis every day?

So on this sickly Sunday I thought I would post about being thankful to hopefully make me feel better.

I'm thankful for our home teachers who took the girls to church. Cassidy HAD to go because her class was getting a "great big candy bar today Mom!" Abby of course can't miss because she is in love with her Sunday school teachers. So thanks Chris and Lizzy! you're a lifesaver and the girls couldn't stop talking about London's mohawk!
I'm thankful for friends who brought in dinner. It was yummy and we loved it and truth be told I think I've only had a banana since yesterday. Thank you thank you!!!!
I'm thankful for my neighbor for scoring me some drugs (antibiotics people not real drugs) until I can get to the DR. You gotta love Mexico!!!!
I'm so thankful for my girls for taking care of me but mainly taking care of them selves. I couldn't ask for better daughters!
Lastly, I'm thankful for Tom, he is always so concerned about me and so thoughtful. I need to learn from him so I can be better when he gets sick.

Hopefully I can get better by tomorrow because the parties are starting people!!!!! If not, what am I going to do??????????

16 comments:

THE Bridesmaid said...

I am such an observant VT, I totally noticed that your kids were with the Rigbys yesterday and I was going to call to make sure you were okay, but then I did't. DANG!
I hope you are feeling better!! I am going to call you today, I really am.

Dancin Queen said...

Oh dear! I hope you are feeling better soon! It's no fun to be a sick mama--especially at Halloween!

Lizzy said...

I have said it before and I'll keep saying it...YOU"RE KIDS ARE SO DANG CUTE! I loved seeing them take care of each other. They are so good to one another! I am so sorry you were so sick. I hope you are feeling better today, but if you are not please let us know what we can do. You are so good Cara-The things you go through and your attitude about it all is truly amazing. I admire your strength! We are here if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better.....KT

Pam said...

I'm sorry your sick....I am too. My boys are running wild. I wish they were as independent as your girls. Hope you feel better.

Jenifer said...

Hope you got to the doc today. Hope you will feel better soon! I'll call you!

Lizzy said...

sorry-your kids are so dang cute-not you're-silly me :)

Lori said...

I missed you yesterday. Hope you're feeling better today. You need to get better for all the Halloween fun.

Brandi said...

Sorry your not feeling good. Being sick is not very fun. Hopefully those drugs from Mexico will kick in soon! Love your sick guts!

idahohubers said...

love ya Cara. You are probably used to the awfulness of arthitis so getting a regular sickness is harder! I usually pull out my favorite movies when I'm sick. There's something about a good Judy Garland musical that cheers me up. Only 17 days till I get to be in sunny AZ. Looking forward to it if you couldn't tell since I mention it almost every time I post. Family is just wonderful and I get to missin' you all!

Webb Family said...

Cara your girls looked so cute tonight! I missed you! And, you will be seeing me tomorrow that is for sure! What sounds good anything?!

lindsey said...

hope you get feeling better soon. i have been sick too. no fun!!

Jennifer said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry Cara. I know it takes a whole lot to put you down. So that makes me even more sad. You're in my prayers... Love you!

Crystal Star said...

Cara- any better today... it's HALLOWEEN?!?!?! I hate feeling sick.

Tiffany said...

Oh Cara!!! I'm SO sorry that you've been sick... I'm hoping you're feeling better now!

Crazymamaof6 said...

dang! hope you are feeling better by now and got to party down! it must be in the air! i had the flu last week and strep this week. but at least i got out of going to the class party today so i didn't share it. Hope you are all better and had tons of fun! and you are super amazing with the arthritis! i don't know how you do it! and being ill is sometimes way harder than a chronic condition.do you think that? maybe a little? depends on what it is i am sure. but you rock ! I hope you had a good halloween!