Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Tradition #5


Every year we go see the Temple lights. It's just not Christmas until we do this. The girls look forward to it every year. This year we went early about 4:30pm. I highly recommend going around this time. We got the best parking spot, there was no one there so we got to go in the Visitors Center and get the Royal Treatment. We had a private showing of Luke 2, got to see the amazing Nativity display that was there for the first time - with no rush and a detailed account of each Nativity. By the time we went outside to see the lights, they were just coming on and there was the most beautiful sunset! Again, not very many people and not too cold. We saw a lot of fun people we know and the girls got their fill of all the pretty lights.
This was Abby's favorite thing.
She loves to go see the Savior and wouldn't go
see the lights until she did!
After we got in our nice and cozy car Tom said, "I kind of don't want to leave." I said, "Why we have been here FOREVER!!!" (well it was more like 2 1/2 hours but I was cold so it seemed like forever!) He said, "No I just don't want to give up this primo parking spot! And he's right, if you go early, you get the best parking spots!!!

6 comments:

Cindylou said...

I LOVE the Mesa temple lights! I miss going there every year -- so you'll have to go again for me! :o) Looks like it was a GREAT time to go!

So...have you seen all of the stuff I've copied off of your blog?? Sorry -- you're just too cute not to copy. Are you flattered? :o)

Erin said...

I'll have to remember the go early tip next year. It was crazy when we were there. Not so fun with the little kiddies!

Jennifer said...

Man! I loved being with you guys yesterday. What a blast. I need more of that! xoxo

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo! thanks for the tip! we haven't gone yet this year! maybe tomorrow or sunday we'll go early!

idahohubers said...

Thanks for your help with the wedding. What a wonderful time we all had! Jake and I aren't leaving till the 26th now... and then in Jan he has another business trip... he said "hey just stay 3 more weeks and then I'll fly back for you!" Funny. No, we've got to get home sometime. But this time it's harder to say good bye. At least I'll always have your blog to keep me company... (wipe a tear).

Webb Family said...

It was so fun running into you today, what a good surprise!! That does sound like a great time to go, I HATE being cold!