Friday, December 21, 2007

Holiday Traditions #4

Cass and Abby getting ready to make a wish on the "wish bone"
Cass is going to get her wish!

Tradition #4 is mostly a childhood memory. Every year my Mom would save the wish bone from the turkey up in the window sill of the kitchen. Around the first of December my brothers and I would fight over who got to make the wish. Good times I tell ya!
This year Thanksgiving was at my house and I had forgotten all about that good ol' wish bone from years past. My brother Matt carved the turkey and put that wish bone aside reminding me of all those childhood memories. How fun is he???!!!
When I explained to my girls why there was a wishbone sitting in our window sill they kind of thought I had gone off the deep end. That is until they got to try for the wish! Why is holding a dried out bone so much fun??? They both closed their eyes, made a wish and...... SNAP!!! Cass got the end with the tip of the bone so her wish is going to come true!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

We used to do that when I was a kid. Hope Cass had a really good wish!

Lori said...

I, too, LOVE this tradition! We always fought over who got to do the wishbone. I was always so sad when it didn't break on my side. I really thought my wish wouldn't come true!

Webb Family said...

My kiddos love doing that too!