This week I am thankful for the rain. We don't get very much of it here since we have 362 days of sunshine but when we do it sure makes my day!
I love the smell, the clouds, and the sound as it hits the roof or the leaves outside. I love how after it rains everything just feels cleaner. Refreshed. Renewed.
I'm sure if I lived in a place like Washington or Oregon I wouldn't feel this way. But living in the Valey of the Sun makes you appreciate the rain and the beautiful rainbows that follow.

16 comments:
wow love your rain pictures. good choice this week.
Excellent post! Love that rainbow!! The colors are so vibrant!
Wow, sometimes I forget to be thankful for rain. Thanks for another perspective. I love,love rainbows though and love the picture.
I can smell that wonderful Rain Smell, just looking at those photos!
Have a great week :)
I agree...I love the rain AND I don't even care when it rains on my hair and makes it gross :)
I found you on Stie's site.
I live in Portland Oregon so I get the 362 days of rain. Yesterday we had sunshine and I was so happy I could cry!
The rainbow shot is beautiful.
That is one of my favorite things -- the smell of the desert after it rains! I love it (and miss it)!! That sure is something to be grateful for in sunny AZ!!
Beautiful pictures! I love it just after it rains.
These pictures and your words brought this primary song to my mind: When I AM Baptised Which starts out:
"I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again."
I love the smell of rain! :)
I love the rain too!! Rainbows are so special, especially when the colors are so vivid, like your picture!! More people need to be thankful for rain!!
That is beautiful. I love rain too.
I love the rain too! Paige was telling me how much Rex hates it, & I was shocked how could anyone hate rain! But, I guess if you live where it rains a lot it would be different. What a wonderful blessing!!
Cara, Your blog is so inspiring. I have loved scouring every last inch of it. I can't believe so many years passed that I didn't keep tabs on you. You are an amazing person. It was the best seeing you-yes even for 5 min. Have a super day and I'll get my act together soon & join the blogging fun.
A wonderful blessing indeed! Rain is life! BTW - I just noticed your personalized "leave a comment" comment about making your day for leaving a comment....that is very clever!
I ran into your blog through a friend of a friend, and decided to leave a comment telling you how much I love reading!
Your 52 Blessings Project is just great.
Happy blogging:)
Thanks for sharing the rainbow picture. It's such a rare delight to see one. I can see why rain can be a wonderful blessing from where you are standing.
Post a Comment