Monday, February 25, 2008

52 Blessings Week #8

This week I am thankful for Priesthood Blessings.


Cassidy is much better but now Abby is our little sicky. Yesterday she had a high fever all day and spent most of her time laying on the couch and sleeping.

When we put her to bed I gave her some Motrin to help her be comfortable and to bring her fever down. About 20 min. later she started crying so Tom when in to check on her. She was having a mini seizure. She was ridged, her teeth were clenched and her jaw locked and she was screaming! She couldn't talk and her eyes were glazed over. It scared us to death! We didn't know what to do, we were trying to talk to her but she wouldn't respond. Then her little bladder let go and got us all wet. We stripped her down and put her in the shower to try and cool her down and wash her off. She stood there with her eyes not focused and tried to reach for imaginary things that weren't there. I got her dried off and calmed down but she still couldn't respond to me. In a panic I asked Tom to give her a priesthood blessing. He called our neighbor to come help. About five minutes after they had given her a blessing she sat up and said, "Daddy's are good at giving blessings huh?!" Then she just kept on talking away like nothing had ever happened. I asked her why she wouldn't talk to me when she was crying. She said, "I don't remember what happened." I am so thankful the blessing took that horrible memory away as well as making her coherent and able to sleep. I also feel so blessed to have a husband who has the Priesthood and can keep my baby safe from harm.

This "super bug" that has hit our family is a doozy! It has been going around knocking people down of all ages and in all different forms. I hope we are healthy enough to withstand it if it strikes again. If we aren't I know that I can always ask for a Priesthood Blessing and with faith in My heavenly Father everything will be O.K.

Click HERE to read more about Priesthood Blessings From Elder Merrill J. Bateman Of the Presidency of the Seventy

19 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

super scary. thank goodness for a priesthood blessing. glad everything turned out ok. EXCELLENT blessing this week. hope she is feeling better today! HUGS!

Erin said...

What a scary experience for you. Glad that Tom was there to give her a blessing and that she is doing better now.

Erin said...

What a scary experience for you. Glad that Tom was there to give her a blessing and that she is doing better now.

Crissybug said...

That had to been so terrible for you guys to go through. My neice had febrile seizures alot when she was younger. I remember the first time it happened, my sister was a wreak! It is so wonderful that your husband could give her a blessing. The power of the priesthood is a wonderful thing.

Let Your Hair Down said...

What a wonderful blessing! The priesthood is so powerful! It is so hard to watch your child have a seizure, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I am glad she is doing better.

Jenifer said...

So scary! What peace it brings to us to have the priesthood in our homes. I am so grateful for this blessing from our Heavenly Father. I hope everyone feels better soon!

onehm said...

WOW, that's so scary! I'm so glad that she's alright.
I too am thankful for Priesthood blessings.

Nikki said...

So scary! Wow...that is crazy that she would seizure. I guess the high fever caused it? I'm so glad that you were able to get her out of it. That is really scary! The Influenza A and B are running rampid up here in Utah...So far we've dodged the bullet but I don't see that lasting much longer! I hope Abby is feeling much better today and that the rest of you will stay healthy!

Andrea said...

You had me in tears. Priesthood blessings are such a wonderful gift! SO GLAD that she is OK. It sounded like such a scary thing for you & your little darling. Thank goodness your hubby was there to bless her. Excellent post today!!

Webb Family said...

Wow, so scary and I'm so happy to hear she is doing better! I hate when the kids are sick! What a beautiful blessing!!

pam said...

Great blessing!

That sound like what Garrett has been doing almost every night for 2 weeks. He has been having night terrors. I thought that was just a retarded way of saying your kid had nightmares, but it is totally different. It is freaky too, because he will not wake up or respond, but screams and has his eyes open.

Brandi said...

That is horrible. I don't like it when the little ones get sick. Hope they start feeling better soon.
Also what a nice picture of you and your mom.
That is so funny you were in LA. My sister-in-law was also there last week too. Of coarse to see Wicked and shop!

Anny said...

Wow Cara, how scary. I got chills as I was reading. I am so glad she is ok and I too am grateful for priesthood blessings. Two of my kids are sick too, but not with mono or seizures, eek!

Mindy said...

Can we just check our families into a hospital and so on vacation. No, just kidding. I'm glad we are all on the road..... to recovery. I too am so thankful for the priesthood. What a blessing we have!!!

crystal said...

HOLY COW, CARA!!!!! Has that ever happened before, or did this come out of the blue??? You handled it so perfectly well. You're right--thank heavens for the priesthood.

Be well this week, cute friend :)

Kazahn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Malashicage said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
honeybee said...

Cara- I just saw Abby playing outside when I dropped off Cassidy. I am glad she is doing better. Let us know if we can help with anything. Alice

AddiEphriaMom said...

sorry you have had so much sickness at your house. it's going around here too. :( abby's little episode is scary! I'm glad that the priesthood was there and that everything was OK. i love it how that works!!!