Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm Baaaack!

Too bad I wasn't really gone.

We have had major computer issues over here. Why is it when you're dealing with computers it's never easy? Our old computer has finally bit the dust. It's in pieces on the floor and hopefully has gone to computer heaven. I say that because it was part of our family for a very, very long time.

So, OLD computer out - NEW computer in. Now we are in the process of transferring all the old files to the new computer. WOW! They really should come up with a better way of doing this. However, our marriage is still in good standing and I have e-mail as of today. So if anyone e-mailed me between Monday and Thursday I didn't get them. Sorry.

So for a short update on the week:
Monday -was a Holiday so the kids didn't go to school. Cassidy woke up not feeling well spent most of the day on the couch with a fever. Abby spent the day outside in the warm sunshine. I spent the day trying to help Tom with the computer, laundry, cleaning, taking care of a little sicky and packing for my girls trip to L.A. to go see Wicked.

Tuesday- I woke up in a beautiful hotel room in West Hollywood/Beverly Hills where I got ready along with three of my friends to go shop and try and see some Stars. Movie Stars that is. We headed out but had to stop and eat breakfast at iHop. Low and behold we sat right across from Dave Foley and his little girl Alina. We were eyeing them and they were eyeing us (mainly because we had a cute little 4 month old baby boy with us but whatever.) We spent the day finding great deals and looking into every tinted window vehicle to see who was driving. You just never know!?

Tuesday- night we barely made it to the theater in time for our show. In fact Monica and I practically pushed Alison and Nicole out of the car so they could make it on time while we screeched off to find parking. Harrowing was the word for this trip! I have to admit that the L.A. cast and crew of Wicked was the best one yet! Glinda was sooo perfect and during "popular" I was laughing so hard tears were dripping off my face.

Wednesday- I again spent my hours flying home on a plane, cleaning, cooking, taking care of Cass - who is STILL sick and catching up on things I had missed in my 36 hour absence.

Thursday - Cassidy is very, very sick. She has had a fever all week and now her cough sounds like it did when she had pneumonia a month ago. SCARY! Abby's friend came over to play before school and I got things back to normal around here. When I went to take Abby and her friend Quinn to school and Cassidy to the Dr. the car wouldn't start. What??? So we had to all unload, I called every one I knew and finally got a hold of my neighbor who lent me her car. I took the girls to school, stopped off at my V.T. interview and made it home in time for my neighbor to make it to her dentist appointment. I also helped Anny with some blog info, jogged 17 miles and helped with world hunger. Whew! (o.k. the last true are a little off but hey it was a day!)
It's now very late and I should have gone to bed hours ago. I am trying to help Tom with some marketing brochures and blog at the same time. Not very productive. My bum has fallen asleep and my feet are numb from the cold floor. I think it's time to call it a night.

Friday will be the day I update with pictures and more info from my trip. For now it's off to dreamland for me.


3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

glad you are back! can't wait for pictures! and it sounds like a very busy exciting week. well except the sick kids and standard mommy stuff. but you are a pro and handle it all so well. when you put your jogged 17 miles, i thought,HMM? does Cara jog? i had no idea. i am swift. i didn't think you did. so yes your threw me!
have a fab day! hugs!

Webb Family said...

Sorry that CAssidy has been sick! Congrats on the new computer. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun in California, did you find lots of great deals? I can't wait to see pictures.

cindylou said...

OH my...I hope Cass feels better by now! Lacey had pneumonia a few weeks ago and and it was NOT fun! :o( Fun that you got a new and improved computer!! You'll have to name him Turbo, too! :o)