Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Most Embarrassing Moment .............

so far this year.

I have been putting this off all day. I'm sure I will regret posting this later but for now it's funny and when I told Kim about it this morning she said, "You have to put that on the blog!" I wasn't sure but here it goes.

This morning I got up and hopped in the shower because
a) my hair was in desperate need of a wash and
b) I had to get ready for Abby's pre-school graduation.
I was half way through my shower routine - soap on body, conditioner in hair, shaved one leg and was moving onto the 2nd leg when all of a sudden............the water simply disappears! What???? Where did the water go?

The girls come running in because they said they heard a noise on the side of the house. Then it dawned on me.

I must have forgotten to pay the water bill.

Let me explain. Tom has me set up on auto pay for all our bills. My job is to make sure there is money in the account (which there is), we are not being charged for things that we aren't supposed to, and all the bills are accounted for and filed each month. Everything else is done for me. At least that is what I thought. I had forgotten that the water bill is NOT set up on auto pay yet because it is different each month and I needed to have the town take the money out instead of the bank just payng it. Follow me? A little oversight that caused me to have the water shut off mid-shower.

So I get out of the shower all soapy and run out the front door in my towel to try and stop the guy and have him come back and turn the water on. no such luck. He is gone and I am not sure what to do next. Should I run to the neighbors and use their shower? Nope - Cassidy had another idea.

The pool.

The pool that even in mid day when it's HOT we don't swim in yet because it's FREEZING!!!!!

Neighbor or Pool? Neighbor or Pool?

I chose the pool.

So the girls and I sneak outside very quietly so the guys next door who are landscaping the neighbors yard do not see or hear us and I get in the pool to wash off.

It was sooooo COLD!! It took my breath away! I could barely hold my breath to go under (4 times) to rinse out the conditioner.

All I could think of was -
This is my punishment.
This is my punishment.
This is my punishment for NOT paying the water bill and I will NEVER forget again.

It's all about consequences isn't it?!?!

And to top it all off?
Cassidy told EVERYONE at school this whole story!
I'm not going to be able to show my face there again.
Wait.....I just told bloggerville this whole story.
Great!

24 comments:

Alis said...

Haha, what a great story! I actually laughed out loud at that one!

At least you'll never forget about that water bill again:)

Kimmurs said...

I still can't get the visual out of my head or the grin off of my face, true classic story..Love it !

Jenifer said...

Sorry....HILARIOUS!!! When we bought our house, they came to shut the water off from the previous owner, luckily I literally had just turned the shower off. Why can't they knock on the door and let you know what is going on??????? Oh my gosh, Nate and I are rolling on the floor.

Anny said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha. So funny Cara. I can just see you going through all of that. That is so embarrasing. Thanks for sharing and giving me a good laugh today.

Erin said...

Too too funny! I can just imagine the whole thing. The water people should warn you before they turn the water off.

At least your husband trusts you with the bills, my husband doesn't trust me with any of that kind of stuff. Not taht I mind in the least. Thanks for posting that story you made my day!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori ~ LL-K said...

That is the best story!! I'm laughing so hard I'm coughing (asthma Girl)! Thanks for sharing that moment with all of us!!

Bits Of Becca said...

You gave me a good laugh, He He. I pictured the whole thing as I was reading. Thanks for sharing this great experience with us.

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh you poor thing!

Let Your Hair Down said...

LOL LOL LOL

Paige said...

that is the BEST embarassing story ever! and you looked better than i did i wouldn't have ever known you took a bath in your pool today.

Crissybug said...

Simply hilarious! It probably wasn't very funny to you at the moment, but hopefully you can laugh about it now...and definintely down the road. Thanks for sharing it with 'us'!

cindylou said...

Oh my holy hanna! That is hilarious, Cara! You are so full of craziness -- I can just see you out in that pool washing your hair out. I guess you know now that if you ever DID have your water shut off because you COULDN'T pay the water bill -- there's always the pool! :o) heee hee hehe ehhe

Grandma T. said...

If the meter man had still been there would you really have run our there in your towel? Humm, He missed out!

pam said...

That is hilarious. I'm sure we have forgotten the bill. It just sucks you were in the shower. What are the chances. Maybe the guy waited to hear the water come on and thought it would be a dirty trick to shut it off mid shower.

Katie said...

PRICELESS! What a great story you'll have to tell from now until the end of time!!

andrea j said...

You poor thing. Bad timing!

Vidal's Nest said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who forgot to pay the water bill!
I fared much better than you. I wasn't in the shower!
Super funny story...thanks for the laugh!!

Jennifer said...

Holy cow that is FUNNY! Skinny dipping!

{Mullins} said...

oh my gosh i am dying!!!

THE Bridesmaid said...

That is a priceless piece of your family heirlooms! The story that must be told from generation to generation.

Megan said...

that is the best story ever. I plan on using it in my talk in sacrament meeting today.... just kidding! But really that could happen to any of us, at least it could EASILY happen to me. In fact who even knows if I paid srp this month/ year.
I just want to know what you did about that one hairy leg?

Amz said...

How aweful! Of all the times for the water to be shut off! Glad you had a pool though....not sure what in the world I would have done...food storage water? Oh, yeah, I still haven't filled up those huge barrels yet! Maybe I should learn a different lesson from this!

idahohubers said...

I read this and posted last week but then my post didn't post for some reason. Now I'm catching up on my posting, can you tell :-)

I'm laughing! I love you and this was so funny. Although I knew you used to love to tan - I didn't know you had the skinny dipping bug in ya too!