Saturday, August 23, 2008

We're Going on an Adventure!

Today I spent the whole day - and I mean THE WHOLE DAY - at the most amazing photography class ever! I learned so much and I had such fun! I can't wait until I can post more about this fun day.

Right now though I am going to post about my fun night with the fam. I was cleaning up the kitchen and the lightning started with lots of thunder and rain. I took the girls outside so we could watch the rain (in the dark) and we noticed some Hollywood lights up in the sky. Tom came out to see what we were doing and we (the girls and I) asked if we could follow the lights and find out where they were. So we all hopped into the car - P.J.'s and all (it was 8:50pm after all) and started out on our little adventure.

Boy did this bring me back! I remember vividly doing this with my Dad and brothers. We would see the Hollywood lights making big circles in the sky and all hop in our 1964 Dodge Dart to go on an adventure.

Unfortunately we didn't get very far before we found the lights tonight. About 3/4 of a mile. Sad I know! We did pull right up to the bright lights and watch them go around for awhile. The lights made the rain sparkle and shine. It was quite pretty if I don't say so myself.

We were having so much fun and we had only been on our adventure for all of about seven minutes so I ran into sprouts for a few things, Tom stopped off at sonic for a cold drink and then we headed out to find the new Dunkin' Donuts. I told the girls we could pick out donuts for tomorrows breakfast. We were all excited about the thought of yummy donuts for breakfast until we got there and it wasn't open yet! Darn!!! (my Dad would take us to go get donuts late at night in our P.J's too)

The rain had slowed, Abby had fallen asleep and so we headed for home, our adventure complete.

I had a fun time....I think Tom and the girls did too.

Tomorrow - I'll post about my class ♥




9 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo for a fun adventure!

bummer the donut place wasn't open yet!

i tried to get a cold beverage tonight at sonic but it was CLOSED! who knew 12:15 was too late!?! :(

and way to go having them ready for bed in PJ's on the weekend! my kids stayed up way too late! UGH!

onehm said...

What fun! I can't WAIT to hear about your class!!! :)

Bits Of Becca said...

What a fun adventure. Too bad the donut thing didn't work out. So, what were the hollywood lights for?

Webb Family said...

You guys are such a fun family!
I also love hearing about the fun things you did when you were younger. You really need to start doing Memory LAne Monday. Not like I'm very good at it-HA!

jana said...

Donuts are my nemesis. The dunkin donuts is open on Power and Rittenhouse. Been there already.

I love your adventure.

Chantri said...

You are so darling. What a fun night out with the family. I love being spontaneous.

I love that you left a commnet on my blog, thanks! I could stay on your blog all day I'm afraid! It is so adorable and I can already tell you have a lot to offer me!...now I'm going to go click away on all your links!

Kendra said...

Fun Adventure! I would love to hear about your class too!

Tiffany said...

Cara, I love this post! I actually just posted on my blog about this post. Thank you, thank you!! (Just read my post and you'll understand!) You're amazing!! Love, Tiffany Ü

Tiffany said...

Cara, I love this post! I actually just posted on my blog about this post. Thank you, thank you!! (Just read my post and you'll understand!) You're amazing!! Love, Tiffany Ü