Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Weekend

Tom had a meeting in L.A. C.A.
My cousin Kyle and his family were heading to Disneyland.
We came up with the plan to talk my Aunt and Uncle into comming.

It worked!

So we packed up the suitcases.
Loaded them into the car and off we went late, late into the night. (2am)
All of this two days BEFORE fall break.

We saw HUGE peices of candy corn.

(My kids favorite candy at the moment.)

And lots of HUGE pumpkins!

We rode rides.

Lots and lots of rides.

(Love the lips Miss Pea)


Tea cups & water rides, fast rides and slow rides, loud rides and wet rides.(I rode splash mountain for the 1st and ONLY time and cried all the way down the last big hill)


We drew Minnie Mouse and found out what princess we were.

We saw Crush the Turtle.

(how do they do that anyway?)

We saw Jack and Sally and Jack Sparrow the Pirate who rubbed Abby's head.

(do you think that's a good luck sign or a bad luck sign?)

Tom did A LOT of this:

We had snacks of pink frozen lemonade, churros and cotton candy.

We ate lunch out in the sunshine.

I had the Salinas Turkey Sandwich.

Tom had the Monterey Roast Beef.
And Cassidy had the San Fran Clam Chowder.

(I really wanted that clam chowder. (really really bad!! So I snuck a few bites!)


We mosied around the park, let the kids run and play.

We tried on silly hats that made us smile.

We enjoyed the cool California breezes.

We got chapped lips and sunburned noses.

But mostly...I loved making new Disneyland memories with my family.

And then we lived Happily Ever After!!

(the picture proves it!!)

Thanks Uncle Pete, Aunt Janet, Kyle Stephanie,Kaitlyn, Dallin, Paige, Lauren, Nathen, Ethan, Tom, Cassidy & Abby! I had so much fun and it's all because of you!!♥♥♥

11 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds dreamy, Cara!! I can't wait to see your pictures! I want to come next time! :o)

Melody said...

San Fran clam chowder is the best. When we go up to the bay area we always hit Pier 39 for some and then top it off with Ghiradelli sundae--mmm heaven!

Jenifer said...

Looks like a perfect week! Disney is always the best.

onehm said...

SO MUCH FUN! I am soooooo jealous!!

idahohubers said...

I Love seeing these pictures. If I wasn't in a good mood right now I might CRY my EYES OUT that I wasn't there to see my parents have that kind of fun! I hope I can eventually have a fun-tabulous extended family trip to Disneyland someday. What great memories!

Crystal Star said...

We just got back last night from the same thing. The kids LOVED it! Do you have annual passes still?

Webb Family said...

I love all your cute pictures!
It looks like you had another fabulous time at Disneyland!

miscellany said...

You make me want to go to Disneyland!!

Dancin Queen said...

Oh man! We were totally there at the same time. And looking at your blog, we must have just followed you around doing the same things!

Anny said...

The pictures are darling. I'm glad you had a great time and were able to experience splash mountain! You're my hero!

Becca said...

Looks like so much fun! It looks cool with the halloween stuff all up. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but my kids LOVED splash mountain. We went down it once, then we ditched the 4th of July firworks show, along with the other show, to go on it again. NO LINE AT ALL!!! We got right on, went, then went again. It was so worth not watching the show (plus some of the kids were crying and couldn't even see). I think in the future, we will do that again.