Monday, November 3, 2008

Fun Friends Stay at Gardenview Cottage B&B

Look at these cute girls. Can you see how cute they are?? These are my friends Anny & Kass. They are sisters and I always wanted to be sisters to them - since I didn't have any sisters of course. We have been friends for years and years and I love these girls!
Here is Becca, Kass, Anny and Me - my Sisters from another Mister! They came for a short overnight visit on their way to a wedding in town. Love that they come stay with me for a day or so before they head off to their family. It makes me feel special. We stayed up late (3am) talking and laughing. Then we ate breakfast and headed out to get our toes done.
I was a little embarrassed because the salon I go to sometimes had done a little remodeling and had added a new feature to the spa. When we walked in it had a very strong-not so pleasant smell. This was due to SPA FISH!! Have you heard of these? Seriously weird!!!

Here is a clip from the news with the owner from this very spa that we went to and a peek at how the spa fish works.
News clip on Spa Fish

I don't think I can go back to that spa. It was too stinky and now that there is fish involved I have to find a different spa. I just can't do "weird." What do you think?

After we had our toes done we went to lunch at Pita Jungle. Have you eaten there yet? So good and so good for you! then it was goodbye to my "Sisters from another Mister." It was a quick visit but worth every minute. Thanks girls for coming and I promise I'll come see you soon. (maybe not when it's snowing though Ü)

8 comments:

Becca said...

CRAZY!!! I wasn't there to smell the smell, but I can't stand the smell of fish. Therefore probably wouldn't try it....unless a group of us went and laughed the whole time:)

Ros said...

That looks so satisfying! I love quality time with my adopted sistahs! And I LOVE your Garden View Cottage sign!

Ros said...

k! Let me clarify! Friend time looks satisfying, I'm not sure about the carp! (Now that's reminding me of the old illusgtrated book, "A fish out of water")
...
anyway, Nathan watched this with me and said, "I didn't know fish had a job." =)

Anny said...

Thanks again Cara for 18 wonderful hours! That fish video is hilarious. Too bad we didn't try it, not! The fish smell was bad wasn't it! Just let me know when you want to spend some time in the snow, yikes!

Kass said...

Love ya like a sister! It truly was inspirational to spend some time in your home. There is an amazing spirit there!

idahohubers said...

I would TOTALLY do that once if a bunch friends went with me! It really seems like one of those novelties that you just have to try so you can say "I had a pedicure given by fish"! I thought that clip was so funny. I wouldn't care for the fish smell at all though so that would keep me from doing it more than once. Well the smell and the $45!

Cindy said...

I just want to know how the fish can get all of that nasty stuff off your heels? I think I'd have to have mine in that water for days and days before they could get it off. I need the real exfoliating razors and loofah scrubber thingys. But that video was hilarious! Don't think I'd go for the smell, though, either. Ewe!

Anonymous said...

OMG you SOO need to check out MY blog, sister:

http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/

you SO totally remind me of myself! GO PEDI's and MANI's!