Monday, March 2, 2009

Makin' Music

The other day Cassidy informed me that she needed to buy a recorder because she had a concert she was doing at school. She wanted to practice so she wouldn't be embarrassed. I was dead tired, Tom wasn't going to be home until late, I had no idea what I was making for dinner and all I wanted to do was crawl into my nice cozy bed and go to sleep. However, being the good mother that I am I gave in and went to the music store.

Yes....I should be rewarded with major points - read on........

We get there and Abby informs me that she too wants a recorder to play with her sissy. OK fine I say - mostly because I was too tired to argue the issue and they are only $5.95. So Abby picks out a pink recorder and Cassidy picks out a bright green recorder and all the way home they played to their hearts content!

Yes, I know what you are thinking!
I DID have a headache about 20 seconds after my purchase but do you know what?
I didn't mind.
I knew my Mom was proud of me for indulging the girls musical wishes,
I knew the girls were having a blast writing out songs and learning how to play together,
and I knew that moments like these are precious.

So headache, tiredness and a tad bit of grouchiness
dissolved when I watched the girls enjoy themselves all night long!

They really were very cute! Cassidy wrote out music notes on a paper and they would play it at the same time. I was quite impressed!

4 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Wow, you are a good Mom Cara. (I feel bad, I definitely hamper my childrens musical potential) Your girls are just darling.

Lynn F. said...

Sooo cute. Your girls are simply adorable inside and out!

Jenifer said...

You are the best mom! Not only did you buy them, but you can appreciate their music!

Becca said...

What a great thing you did. I know it is so hard to get in the car and go to the store when not feeling well. The things we do as moms. They look so cute:)

p.s. Our recorder is hidden on the top shelf of the closetÜ