Monday, April 6, 2009

Today......

was a great day!

I went to Weight Watchers this morning with Tom. 1st week. I lost one pound. Hey, its something. Tom lost four! Can you see why I am a little disappointed. Men - they get to eat more and they lose weight faster. Not fair! Don't worry - I'm not mad at him and I was happy with my one pound. (I guess).

After that I rushed home so I could watch my cute nephews while my Brother and his wife went to opening day for the Diamond Backs. They had a blast and so did I. I love those little cuties. I should have gotten my camera out but I was too busy with them that I forgot...until now. Berkeley is walking now and Harley is talking a lot! What fun they are.

While they were asleep I got three loads of laundry done. I was feeling so good today! Not sure where all the energy came from but I was able to stick to the task and my brain and body cooperated! That hasn't happened in a while.

I then started making dinner, picked up Cass at the bus, stopped off at Sams Club with the four children, came home, changed diapers, finished dinner and had Family Home Evening. The kids are learning the Articles of Faith. We practiced 1,2,3 and part of 4. We will have to work on them for the rest of the week. They were excited! It was a fun night.

When I was putting the girls to bed (they had just had a fight) Cassidy was complaining about being the oldest.

"Why do I have to be the oldest?! You always make me do more things and Abby gets do do whatever she wants!" yadda, yadda, yadda!

I told her I know how hard it is to be the oldest since I am the oldest. We had a little talk about it and even though she was still bugged I think she was o.k.
I then go into Abby's room and she is complaining about being small!

"why can't I be big like sissy? She's going to be 11!!! I'm only going to be 6!! She gets to do more things than me!!"" yadda, yadda, yadda.

I then had a talk with her about being nice to her sissy - she's they only one she's got. And it's her choice whether they will be best friends of enemy's. It's all in the attitude. And let me tell you - Abby has the strong attitude out of those two! Whoa Girl!!

Hopefully they will have a good night sleep and will wake up tomorrow friends again. I never had a sister so all this sister stuff is new to me. Brothers don't care much if you say mean things and they would never punch in the stomach like someone did tonight (ahem!)

I'm off to fold another round of clothes then to bed. I'm hoping tomorrow will be another good day! Hope yours is too!♥

(I am behind in blogging but hoping to finish my vacation posts, and some other little things this week. My plan is if I write them down here it will commit me to DO IT!)

6 comments:

Megan said...

That is exactly how sisters act!!

I have 2 sisters and the 3 of us fought constantly while growing up, hair pulling, hitting, stealing from each other. Now we can't go even one day with out talking to each other.

your girls will be fine.

yay for all your new found energy, hope it sticks!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

One day they will be the best of friends! Growing up is hard. Daily life is hard, we parents just don't get it! :P hehehe!!!

Jenifer said...

Glad you are getting your energy back! Congrats on the pound. Hey, you have to start with one, right?

Becca said...

Aliza 9 and Maren 6 say the exact same things. It is so funny to listen to. I keep telling Maren that she doesn't want to grow up too fast. I'm glad you are feeling good, and congrats on the 1 pound. I have thought about going to weight watchers too. Nothing I am doing is working right now. Is it worth it?

Crystal Star said...

I loved having you over the other day. I miss hanging out with you. I want to do WW with you and Tom but I have to wait :)

Anny said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a good day. One pound is good! I did WW after a couple of babies and it worked. Popcorn, cucumbers, and celery became my favorites. Oh, and fat free fudgesicles, I think they were one point. Good luck with WW and your cute girls.