Monday, May 10, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday.............

(my chickens and I after church on Mothers Day 2010 )

I had a wonderful Mothers Day.  I was spoiled and loved and I was lazy.  We had cereal for dinner cause that's what I wanted.  I loved it!  I also was sent tons of nice emails and texts and didn't respond to any of them.  My phone was dead and I left the computer alone for the day.  I do want to say thank you to everyone that sent the love....it made my day! 

Today was another crazy Monday.  I was gone all day and I hate that!  I love to be home and it seems like it doesn't happen as often as I would like it to. Summer is coming and I'm crossing my fingers life will slow down.   We aren't signing up for a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g extra this season.  I'm so looking forward to it.

Tom and I started our work-out program today.  It was funny.  We are out of shape and it was FUNNY!  Did I say that?  Hopefully we can keep it up and get in shape before our 20 year High School Reunions that are coming up.  Eeek!

My garden needs to be re-done.  My lettuce has gone to seed and my green onions are exploding.  The strawberry's are all in the wrong places - they spread you know (I didn't know) and my tomatoes aren't getting enough water so they look pitiful.  I also need to re-vamp my water system and I can't find my sprinkler.  Sigh

I did a bad thing and ate my Mothers Day chocolate bar today that I got from church yesterday.  I started out eating only one square.  That turned into two, then three and before I knew it it was gone!  I was so mad at myself.  Seriously.....didn't I just say that we started our work-out program and then I go and do that?  I have no will power!  Plus it had dairy which made my stomach hurt.  (it also had toffee which made my mouth happy!)  Does it count that it was just that kind of day? 

I'm off to put the above chickens to bed and read my book.  Happy Manic Monday to you!  

4 comments:

Christi said...

I'm sitting here eating a WHOLE ROW of grasshopper cookies as I read this. Why do we do it??

Kass said...

LOL! Yes, I wish my days like this were only limited to Mondays though! You are the best.

Becca said...

Cara, even when you are complaining you sound happy. I love being at home as well, and welcome it when it happens. (which isn't very often)

Anny said...

What a beautiful picture of you and your girls. Workout or not you will knock them out at your 20 year reunion. Jim's is this summer too, we better get going :)
Keep up the great work, you are awesome!