Sunday, June 6, 2010

No More Baby

 (Mrs. Hayden with Amberly 1st Grade)
This is my baby.  My baby who's not a baby anymore.  My baby who will-be-in-2nd-grade-next-year.  I tried to convince her that she I wasn't ready to go to 2nd grade but the teacher wasn't buying it.  She looked me square in the eye and said, "Oh she's ready.  She read a very long book out loud to the class today and did an excellent job."  Then I said, "but she hasn't even lost a tooth yet!"  Like that matters, I was pulling at strings.  I guess I'll just have to grow up and get used to it.
(Cassidy at Tom's Graduation 5th Grade)
And if Amberly moving up to 2nd grade isn't enough guess who's going to be a 6th grader!  Yeah, you know like, "I'm the oldest at the school, we are cool, we rule 6th Grader!"  I'm not old enough to have a 6th grader!  OK I'm old enough but I don't feel old enough.  Where did all the time go?  Heaven help me!

I'm so thankful I have these girls.  They make my world complete.  They make my heart swell with so much love I feel like it's going to burst.  Words just can't describe how wonderful they are and how perfect life is right now ♥

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Then you probably don't want to hear about the conversation we had today about going to YWs and girls camp then?

AND what an awesome talk she gave. I loved it when she stopped being nervous and just started telling a story in classic Cassi fashion.

Have I mentioned how much I adore her???

Brandi said...

I hear you!

Anny said...

They do grow up so fast, but they are so dang cute.