Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Top 10 Tuesday

A week?  I haven't posted in a week?  What is wrong with me?  I guess the summer days are zooming right by and I have been so preoccupied that I haven't had a moment to blog.  We have been having fun and that's all that matters.  My Top 10 list this week will be very random:

Top 10 :

10) The girls and I got our haircut yesterday.  I cut 5 inches off and I feel so fresh and summery.  That long hair was weighing me down!  Cassidy cut hers a couple of inches and Amberly got a trim.  Amberly's feeling pretty-darn-good about herself now that she has the longest hair.  For someone who was bald till the age of 3 that's saying A LOT!

9)  Yesterday after our haircuts we had a swim party with my only girl cousins and their kids.  It was so fun!  Lisa was in town from ID and Amy brought her baby and Hubs over and we called our long time friend Jen over and had a ball.  I'm not sure who had more fun......the kids or us.  (I'm thinking us)

8)  I'm soooo in the mood to plant lush green foliage in my backyard but it's too hot.  I missed my opportunity a month ago.  So we will be pool side looking at empty pots and sad overgrown vegetation.

7)   My girls are to the age that our house stays clean most of the day.  It's a miracle!  For those of you that have a house full of Littles, don't dispare!  Your day will come and let me tell you - it's pure BLISS♥

6)   Friday Mindy found a public pool with a high dive for the big kids.  She called me and had me come on over and guess what?  It was the pool that Tom grew up going to (right down the street from his house) and.......they fed the kids free school lunch!  They had their pick of a burro, pizza or PB&J, milk, chocolate milk or juice, fresh fruit and a cookie.  We had already fed our kids lunch but sent them over anyway for a snack.  So for $.75 cents we got to swim in a pool with 20 people and 15 lifeguards, jump off high dives and low dives and water slides with no wait (cause there were 20 people in the entire huge pool), have tons of shade we didn't have to race and stake claim to and a free lunch/snack.  The downside was we had to listen to lame music but I'll take it.  And before you ask.....yes we are going back.  E-mail me and I'll let you in on the secret location.

5)   I realized that I haven't been my crafty self since October.  The holidays always stress me out and then I started working for the Hubby.  Since I took the summer off from working I have had so much fun getting my craft on!  We are finishing off Cassidy's room - only 2 more things to do, I made a huge magnetic board for my office thanks to a $30 frame from Goodwill, closets have been organized, laundry has been done, the house has stayed clean, I hung pictures and shelves in my family room.  I'm thinking that this is much more fun than working all day!  Hmmmmm what should I do next?

4)   I am out of all my make-up.  How did that happen?  I don't have one little smidgen left.  I have only been wearing it for church or date-night so I guess it slipped by me.

3)   My girls have been sleeping in Cassidy's bed for the last 2 weeks.  When my BIL is here they share Amberly's room and since he's been gone they moved into Cassidy's room.  Funny how they started out complaining about having to share when the BIL is here and now they just do it on their own.  I'm so glad they have each other.  Life is so much better with a sister♥

2)   Sunday night Tom and I were watching the US Open at Pebble Beach.  He was watching the golf, I was watching the scenery.  It made me homesick - I grew up there and never knew how unbelievably beautiful it was until I had left and then went back.  When the announcer said it was the most photographed place in the world I had no doubt.  It's that pretty of a place.

1)   Usually my #1 is something happy and uplifting but today I've just got to say that I am sick-to-death of all the waste-of-a-time shows that are on T.V.  There is never anything to watch and it bothers me that I have to pay for channels that I don't want or approve of.  It irritates me that I have to block channels because of their lack of morels and have to fork out the money for them.  I'm this close (hold two fingers very, very close together)  to canceling satellite.   We already record shows for the kids and us to watch so they don't have to see the commercials (that are raunchy and disgusting) but it seems that even those shows that we have approved of in the past are getting worse and worse.  Language, lack of clothing, morels, integrity......what are they thinking?  It's bad people....it's gotten very, very bad.  I'm at a crossroads and it's not looking pretty.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes. We did. No doubt.

When are we doing it again because I haven't had that much fun in a while. :) xoxo

Erin said...

Oh lady, cancel your cable. Anything you want to watch you can watch on hulu.com anyway.

Save some money baby!

Hair cuts scare me. You are so brave!

Take a dive into your pool for me. Arizona is the best for that!

onehm said...

Love your Top Ten! And that pool sounds amazing!
As far as TV goes, my kids watch Playhouse Disney or movies. That's IT.
I'm with you on the disappointment.

Sheri said...

Love your blog. Found you blog hopping. I live in south Chandler and would love to find a pool with less that 200 people. I could not find your email but mine is sheri_morrison@yahoo.com.
Thanks

Mike said...

Thanks for taking Kelsey the other day. She had a blast!!
I would love to know what pool you went to.
I love the cute photos of Abby & her best friend.

robin said...

i am thoroughly convinced that there is no place more beautiful than the monterey bay. aren't we lucky to have lived there?

Becca said...

Hey, my kids are about the same age as your kids and my house doesn't stay clean. They drop there stuff where every they are standing, and it doesn't get picked up until at least the 5th time of asking them to do so. What is your secret?

Pebble Beach is a beautiful area. I haven't been there for a couple of years, but it is one of my favorite places to visit.