Friday, September 10, 2010

Oval Office Buzz

It's what I'm hearing everywhere.  
The oval office got a makeover.  
Hmmm...I thought we were in a ressession?  
    I know that when I'm trying to save money and pay for all of life's expenses the thought of re-decorating doesn't cross my mind.  I have been a little irritated with everyone going on and on about how the new oval office looks and all that they did to modernize it.  I read and article HERE from Freedoms Lighthouse that tells about the re-do and they made sure to tell us that we as the tax payers did not pay for the re-do.  They also didn't tell us how much it cost.  You know that means it was a.l.o.t!

    I will say that if I had to pick one thing in the room to rate it would be the new rug.  It's plain - I like that, and I love the five quotes Pres. Obama chose to have ringed on the edge of the rug:
  • The Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself” – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • “The Arc of the Moral Universe Is Long, But It Bends Towards Justice” – Martin Luther King Jr.
  • “Government of the People, By the People, For the People” – President Abraham Lincoln
  • “No Problem of Human Destiny Is Beyond Human Beings” – President John F. Kennedy
  • “The Welfare of Each of Us Is Dependent Fundamentally Upon the Welfare of All of Us” – President Theodore Roosevelt
I love quotes so BRAVO Mr. President on incorporating them into the decor.  

I also found an article that has pictures of 
It was so fun to scroll down and look at the different decorating styles over the years 
 107 years to be exact.  
The last picture they have is 1903 Theodore Roosevelt (center)

 So...tell me - What do you think of the New Oval Office?  And are you with me that they should have saved the money?

2 comments:

Mardi said...

SAVE MONEY!!!! That is like a "four" letter swear word to this admistration. Spend, spend, spend is they moto. Spend our saving, spend what we don't have, etc. Their is no one in this world that can spend their way out of debt. Not even the good old USA! Obama is ignorant.

Jenifer said...

I was peeved about it as well, not quite as peeved as I was when I heard how much Michelle Obama's trip to Europe was. Grrrrrr. He's an a-hole. so is she. I'm done :)