Monday, September 13, 2010

Tumblr

I haven't downloaded pictures from my camera in ages!  Can you tell by my random posts latley?  I did however do 12 on the 12th yesterday and will be posting those pictures along with last months 12 on the 12th pictures as well. (I'm very behind)
 (suziebreezie - darling dexter)

For today though I want to introduce you to Tumblr.  I'm still not 100% sure how to use it but I'm excited to be trying it out and wanted to share it with you.

If you are like me and spend a lot of time on the computer looking at pretty things, house decor and party ideas and then save a lot of those things in a folder then you may just love Tumblr as much as I do.  You can save all those things onto your Tumblr page and link it back to the site where the picture originated from.  No more trying to keep track of what picture came from where so when you re-post you will always know. 
Are you loving it so far????  Yep...I thought so. 

Here's a peek at my tumblr page: gardenviewcottage

Another thing I love about tumblr is that it sorts your pictures by month in an archive format.  All the pictures you add during September go together, October go together etc.  When you look at the person's archive it's almost like art!  I'm talking the best kind of art/eye candy out there!  (for me anyway)

Here are some examples:

I'm sure each of you would have completely different tumblr pages because each of us have completely different tastes.  That's what I love about this.   I also love the ease (after you figure out how) of putting pictures onto tumbler and........it's saving me computer space because all those pictures aren't in a folder anymore!

So my question to you is.....have you used tumblr and what do you think about it?

1 comment:

onehm said...

I have been slowly adding to my tumblr for a year or so...it's a great place to save those ideas to!! I love mine, even if no one checks it out. :) I just looked through yours and LOVE IT! You have some fabulous images there...FABULOUS!
Can't wait to see what else you add. :)