Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 - It's Going to be GOOD!

Today I found my new favorite song.  Lady Antebellum's I Was Here



Here is what it says:
I Was Here lyrics
Songwriters: Burr, Gary S; Scott, Hillary Dawn; Shaw, Victoria;

You will notice me
I'll be leaving my mark like initials carved
In an old oak tree, you wait and see

Maybe I'll write like Twain wrote
Maybe I'll paint like Van Gogh
Cure the common cold, I don't know
But I'm ready start 'cause I know in my heart

I wanna do something that matters, say something different
Something that sets the whole world on its ear
I wanna do something better with the time I've been given
I wanna try to touch a few hearts in this life
Leave nothing less than something that says ?I was here?

I will prove you wrong
If you think I'm all talk, you're in for a shock

'Cause this dream's too strong and before too long

Maybe I'll compose symphonies
Maybe I'll fight for world peace
'Cause I know it's my destiny
To leave more than a trace of myself in this place!

I wanna do something that matters, say something different
Something that sets the whole world on its ear
I wanna do something better with the time I've been given
I wanna try to touch a few hearts in this life
And leave nothing less than something that says ?I was here?


And I know that I, I will do more than just pass through this life
I'll leave nothing less than something that says ?I was here?
I was here

I love this!  I do want to do something more than get up each day and do laundry, make dinner, go to work, spend time with my family.  I want to have my kids remember little things that I do to show them I love them.  I want them to pass down funny little songs and stories from our life and paint a picture of who I am and how I cherished them.  I want to be the best in everything I do.  Not competitive "best" (I don't have a competitive bone in my body) but best for me personally.I want to learn new things this year, see new places, create new memories that will last beyond this life and into the next.  I want to live each day to the fullest and make a difference and let people know I was here.

I'm turning 40 this year.   
The BIG 40!   
I could be very depressed about this but...I'm not. 
I'm excited! 
I have a plan to make this the best year EVER!!!
I read somewhere, on some blog, sometime ago, about a list.
a 40 before 40 list.
I'm going to do it. 
Projects, places, classes, goals, books, changes, oh I could go on and on!  I don't have my list finished yet but I'm working on it and hope to have it done by the end of the month.


I have decided to make " I Was Here" my song for 2011 to go along with my word and my 40 before 40 list.  I told you this was going to be a good year.  I can just feel it!


Now I just have to find the perfect word that describes how I feel and what I want to accomplish this year.  Wish me luck!

credits for me finding this song - Kristi's Marathon Video - It's awesome!

2 comments:

- Brittany said...

Happy almost 40! I'm right there with ya'. I'll be 40 in June.

Hey, one more critique. Be sure to turn the word verification off on your comments. Definitely a turn off for commenters. AND honestly, I turned mine off at the beginning of my blog and have not received a word of spam.

Brittany
http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

testing