Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Staycation Day 2



Today was another beautiful day in the Valley of the Sun.  They High was 84 and it's still 80 degrees outside at 8pm.  Gotta love it!  I just don't know what I would do with snow.  I had a dream the other night that we moved somewhere and it snowed - A LOT and I panicked.  I didn't know what to do, how to drive in it, shovel it, walk in it.  Yes, I have lived a very snow sheltered life.  In fact I have only seen it actually snow once.  True Story!

Anyhoo.....back to our fun day.  Here is our itinerary and how it played out:

Tuesday
Val Vista Lakes Country Club
(my in-laws are members)

Taco Bell for lunch
Slushies during happy hour at Sonic for a treat
Playing with the endless friends in the 'hood till dinnertime
Gymnastics for Miss Amberly
Baked chicken, salad, corn on the cob and sourdough bread for dinner
Cassidy made her first batch of lemon bars - YUM!

 This place....it's my sanity away from the desert.  It looks like you are in a lush green oasis even though you are right in the middle of it.  The main pool is heated all year and is where we have the girls birthday parties (every other year).  The Lagoon as we like to call the beach area has a zero depth pool with sand, play equipment, fountains and you have the most gorgeous view of the waterfalls!
 Sand castle heaven!


 Yes, we can have a little beauty in vast-land ♥
 We had our wedding reception here and have been coming back ever since. 
Have I mentioned that I ♥ it?
I didn't take any pictures of the flowers but man are they amazing right now!
 The crew
Cass made lemon bars for dessert 
She is pretty proud of herself since this is one of her favorite treats.
We had to do something with all the lemons we have!
And they turned out perfect!

6 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

So impressive, Cassidy! Yummy.

Allyson said...

My dad is down there right now! He actually went swimming there on Monday. I am so jealous! We are barely in the 50's... That is great that Cassidy likes to bake! I LOVE IT! Cute pictures! xoxo

AZ Smurfette said...

I love that the girls wear these cute little stylish/modest wrap swim cover-ups :) lemon bars are my absolute FAV! I need some lemons to make my St. patrick's cake! mmm

Kristi said...

Cassidy is a woman after my own heart - I LOVE lemon bars!

crystal b. said...

I'm headed out your way next week! I can hardly wait to lounge by the pool and soak up sun. :)

You kindred spirit you!!! I can't believe you knew who I was talking about when I said Mrs. Meers. You are one of two people I know who got it. :) Seriously one of my all time favorite movies. I dream of tapping in an elevator. Tap, tap. Slap, slap. Tap, tap, tapioca everybody! So fun to know someone who loves Millie as much as me. :)

If you love Mr. Darcy you are my new best friend. :)

crystal b. said...

P.S. Love the photo of the rose on your header. What kind is it? I have tons of heirloom roses in my yard -- all white. This would look so pretty with them.

Your house is so cute.