Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Food Glorious Food.....

I haven't been very good at making dinner lately.  I hate it when I get in a rut like that.  Nothing sounds good or I'm not hungry so I just assume that no one else is hungry either.  Bad, Cara Bad Girl!!

The other day I thought to myself that a little inspiration might help my dinner making skills.  So I logged onto Our Best Bites.  Do you read their blog?  I have been reading it for years and am just so giddy about how they are now famous!  I mean when your cookbook is selling at Costco and other stores like Barnes and Nobel and you get to go on a book signing tour....you are famous!

I love a successful blogging story.

Anyway, I went over to their site and conjured up a list for dinners for the next week.  Here's a few on my list. 

I made these and my husband said, "I haven't had sloppy joys since I was........9?"  They were so YUM and I will be making them again (this coming from a non-beef girl - me!)

This was one of my Dad's famous dinners and my favorite.  I have a made up recipe that I came up with but am excited to try this and see if it compares to my Dad's. 

Who doesn't love these?  We all do and it's a staple when we go eat at Pei Wei.  I don't think I can make it as good as the restaurant but I'm gonna try.  I will be making some sweet and sour chicken to go with it.  I have an awesome recipe for that and it's a hit over here!

This looks like it will be good.  I love all the ingredients so why wouldn't I love the it all put together.  

Hopefully I can get my act together and start cooking again.  With these recipes on my dinner list it's motivating me and that's all that matters.  Well, that and my family with a full and happy tummy.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I should check out their blog. I've seen it once, but haven't really taken the time to try any of the recipes! I am in the same rut right now. It's so sad when my kids eat chicken nuggets from the freezer 5 out of 7 nights in a week. I need to do something...and soon! So...thanks, CaraSue! I <3 U! :)