Monday, May 16, 2011

I Did It!

I've been working on my 40 before 40 list and one of the things was make a blog book.  Man I didn't want to do that.  Well, I do want to but I have tried before and it was such a pain.  I loaded my whole blog onto Blurb at once and it shut the whole site down.  Ooops.  That's when I said forget it! (this was a couple of years ago)

Yesterday I thought..."Hey, I think I will try again.  It can't be that bad?"

So I checked Blog2Print and Blurb and Blurb seemed to be a bit cheaper.  I loaded my first year of blogging only (2007) and it said it was going to be 267 pages.  Eeek! 

No time like the present so I dived right in and started editing, rearranging, adding pictures, deleting dumb posts and I have to be honest, it was easier than I thought it would be.  I turned my laser-like focus on and didn't let anything distract me.  I would work and look at the clock and 2 hours had passed WHOOSH! It didn't even seem like I had been sitting here in front of my computer for 9 HOURS!!!  Yep, I sat here until 2am last night.  Man my hips hurt when I finally stood up.  But it was worth it.  Today I finished up the last little editing and I am now BOOM - DONE with my first blog book!  I'm so proud of myself.  I do need to figure out what I am going to do with the cover.  I'm not sure yet.  I need some examples or something.  I like simple, semi-plain.  I'll have to do a little searching and see what I come up with.

I am now very motivated to get the rest of my blog into books. (four more years worth)  And because I've done it I can make books for the girls birthday parties, our family vacations, each of the girls.  I think I am having a creative breakthrough people!  Watch out......I could go crazy over here.

If you want to make a blog book BLURB is having a 20% off sale when you use code - NEWBLURB  you have to use it by May 31st so get going....it's fun!

When I was making my book I thought how I wanted to run over to my Mom's and show it to her as soon as I get it.  Since she's not here the second best person to show it to would be my Aunt Janet.  So watch for me Auntie, I'll be coming over soon!

3 comments:

Lauralee said...

good to know it can be done! I started blogging in 06, so I have quite a few posts between my blogs, I need to get them printed though... how fun it would be to do! 9 hours though... for one, that scares me! I am glad you have your auntie to show it to! I am betting she'll love to see it!

Sarah said...

When you get it in your hands, will you post some pics of it? I would love to see what the finished product looks like!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

How fun!! (it's a lot of work!) I would love to look at it when it is done too!! How exciting!!