For the 4th we were going to go out of town but had a change of plans at the last minute and had to stay in the Valley and suffer through the heat. Saturday was 119! Yes, that was no typo.....the girls and I were going to fry and egg on the sidewalk but it was overcast and humid and it wouldn't have worked. I'm sure we will have plenty of extra hot days to test the "egg on the sidewalk theory".
Saturday night we went over to my cousin Amy's with all my cousins and Aunt Janet and Uncle Pete and all the kids and extended family. We lit off a ton of fireworks and then watched the Mesa Firework Show right from her front yard eating popcicles and telling 4th of July parade stories and memories of our youth. Fun times and what a memory maker even though it was blazing hot! When you are with good company you can endure pretty much anything♥
Top 10 Questions: Could you pass the U.S. CITIZENSHIP Test?
1) What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
2) How many amendments does the Constitution Have?
3) How many voting members are in the U.S. House of Representatives?
4) In what month do we vote for President?
5) Who is currently the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court?
6) Who is currently the Speaker of the House of Representatives?
7) What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?
8) Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
9) Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States.
10) In what war was President Eisenhower a general?
How many did you get right with out looking at the answers?
What did you do this year for the 4th?
Was it hot where you were?
Answers: 1) speech, religion, assembly, press, petition the government. 2) 27 3) 435 4) November 5) John Roberts 6) John Boehner 7) The Flag and the United States 8) Thomas Jefferson 9) Mississippi, Missouri 10) World War II