Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summer is Here

Today was the last day of school.  7th and 3rd grade DONE!  I don't know who was more excited......me or the girls.  I am ready for a relaxing no demand schedule.  Don't get me wrong.  I have things planned for us to do but there is NO homework involved and that is what makes me happy.  The girls have been saving their money for these snorkel sets they saw at Costco.  After school today we went to lunch, then to buy their new summer toy.  They swam all day happy as mermaids.

This year flew by.  I seems like the girls just started school.   My nephew Garrett's birthday was last week and I completely forgot.  When my brother texted me a reminder I thought to myself......."it's his birthday?  But he already had it this year."  I promise that's what when through my head.  It has been an entire year since he tured eight and it feels like it's been a few months.  What???

I took a break from blogging.  I wasn't happy about it but I just couldn't seem to find the time in our busy life.  It makes me sad that I missed so many little moments and I vow to try and catch up on some of them (the ones I can remember) and keep track in the future.  Since time is moving so quickly I need to make sure and keep track of what's going on around here even if my pictures are from my phone or I just pop in to write a little blurb.

What are your plans this summer and did this school year fly for you as it did for me?

No comments: