Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Mothers Day Present #1

Cassidy and her Mama


Mrs. Workman and Cassidy
Cassidy as a Violet
Cassidy doing a poem on Mothers and their many hats

Every month or so Mrs. Workman's 2nd grade class has a little program that the kids put on in the classroom. Today it was a special Mothers Day program. The kids worked really hard in preparing for this special day. They made invitations, presents, cards, poems, learned new songs, and they made lunch for all the Mothers.

Yes, today was special!

I sat and cried through most of the program.

And I don't cry.

I cried because Cassidy is getting so big. I cried because I wanted my Mom to be there to see this magical performance. I cried because the children were so sweet and so confidant. And I cried because Mrs. Workman has made Cassidy LOVE school. She has totally helped Cassidy overcome so many of her insecurities and just blossom. How do I show this wonderful woman my gratitude?

We ended the program by having a nice lunch with our big, almost 3rd graders in the library. They served us - a potato bar and sherbet. Then they cleaned up! Such a treat. This is what makes being a Mother worth it!

8 comments:

Shanna said...

Cara! I am so excited to go to Macey's class on Friday morning. You and Cassidy are so stinkin cute! LOVVVVE that photo!

Brooke said...

You look so HOT! What a great picture of you and Cassidy. I'm so glad that everything is working out for her!

Crazymamaof6 said...

that sounds so fun ! what a great teacher! you both look so great in that picture!

Lizzy said...

what a great teacher! I don't cry much either, but for some reason London just makes the tears well up! I have never been like that. When she started to smile it was a tear fest :) I don't want her to be in the 3rd grade :(

kristi brooke said...

i want to take a photo of your daughter into my hairdresser and say i want hair this color... you can't buy hair that good. it is shiny and naturally hightlighted!

Brooke said...

That is so true! Cassidy better never color her hair it's too beautiful.

onehm said...

Love that first pic! You can tell that girl loves her mama!
;)

onehm said...

I know I already left a comment, but I just wanted to tell you:

"Happy Mother's Day!" (tomorrow)

It means even more when you have to work so hard for it, don't you think?
;)