Monday, July 9, 2007

MIA

No, I haven't been lazy, too busy or even under the weather. I've been gone, out of town, MIA!
Tom had a business trip in LA over the weekend so his girls decided to tag along. Such fun!!
Boy was it nice to get out of the heat for a few days. I didn't even mind the 6 hour drive. We would walk out of our hotel (which BTW was the Hilton Suites in Orange for $46. a night - Yah, I'm that good on priceline!) and the girls were always a little surprised the air wasn't going to suck them dry and the sun wasn't going to burn their flesh. Bitter? No not at all!

We had a nice relaxing time. Favorite things we did?
1. Saw Ratatouille. Poor Abby has been so excited about this movie for a week. We went to the 7:15 show and after ALL the previews and 15 min of the movie she said....."this is a long movie!" and crawled into her daddy's lap and fell asleep. Poor little thing.
2. Went bowling in the poshest bowling alley ever! Check out the pictures of this place! WOW!!
3. Went to Huntington Beach. That would have been my favorite part but........it was over crowded, cold, windy and I had crying kids the whole time. So, I did get my beach fix but it wasn't the most pleasant experience! I do love the sound of the waves crashing onto the sand though!
4. I ate french toast at Denny's! 1, french toast is my favorite! 2, Denny's reminds me of being a kid. And I haven't eating french toast in.......I can't remember due to the fact that I can't have milk but it WAS totally worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yummy!!!!
5. Tom & I and the girls went shopping downtown in the LA Fashion District. I think I created a monster in Tom. He LOVED it! I think it's because he got a new suit for $50 and we got Abby heeleys for $15. We had so much fun walking and shopping. Cassidy said, "every time we come to LA we HAVE to come here! This is the best!!!" She's the fashionista of the family for sure!

It was three days of cool weather, fun times with the fam and it was worth every minute in the car to and from!

6 comments:

Webb Family said...

now, that is one nice bowling ally!! i'm so happy you guys had a great time and very happy to hear tom & the girls liked the fashion district too. sorry, the beach wasn't as great as it could be.

idahohubers said...

Cara - FUN! I love to see the beach! My waterfall trip came close but it isn't the same. I'm enjoying keeping up on what you all are doing... Just waiting on Amy before we plan our next visit. BTW I'm working on a quilt for my mom out of your mom's stash - I sure appreciate using her beautiful fabrics. Thank you SO much :-)

Erin said...

I am jealous, I wish I could have been in Ca also. I'm glad you had fun.

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow i am dying to go to the fashion district now! sounds like a super fun time!

onehm said...

What fun! I always want to go to the fashion district and I never do make it there! And that bowling alley...HOLY COW!
Glad that you had fun with the fam!

Jennifer said...

Okay Cara... I need help getting THAT hotel for the first weekend in August! How DO you do that????