Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Activity Days

Tonight we had Activity Days and the girls and I made Journals and Journal Jars. It was a very fun project and I think the girls enjoyed themselves. I borrowed a quote from Dancing Queen (thanks girl you always have the best quotes) and we put it on the inside of the journal. Then I told the girls how important journaling is and how sad I am that I didn't start journaling until last year (when I started this blog). I also shared the story of Tom and what a great journal writer he has always been, so much so that he journal ed our whole dating experience and then asked me to marry him in his journal! He is so clever.

My goal was to get the girls excited to write about things that they will look back on and laugh at, enjoy and remember. I told them about Memory Monday, Top Ten Tuesday and Fun Friday things that us bloggers do that helps the creative juices flow. I told them they didn't have to just write about, "what I did today..." I am having fun with this calling - really it's the best calling but don't tell anyone! Shhh...!!!

10 comments:

Jenifer said...

Megan just got done journaling for the day. She is loving it! She has been writing everything down. I appreciate all the work you do in your calling! Megan just adores you!

Dancin Queen said...

Cute activity! I'm sitting here reading this post and my daughter is looking over my shoulder looking too. She gets to start going to activity day next month. She's so excited. She was looking at this saying how much fun it looks like and she wishes you could be her teacher!

Erin said...

I wish I could have come to that activity. Looks like you had so much fun. Instead I get to make model trains and talk about Indians, etc. with the 8 year old boys!

Kimmurs said...

Your so talented, it makes me sick....

Lizzy said...

you're awesome. So is that what Merry Miss use to be? looks too cute!!

cindylou said...

Oh my goodness, being in Activity Days was also my FAVORITE calling! I loved it! And let me tell ya, I think I'd LOVE being IN Activity Days if I had you as my leader! You're so cute and talented, Cara!! Looks like you guys had fun!

Nikki said...

I ABSOULUTELY LOVE THAT CALLING TOO! It's actually too much fun! I hope to be put in there in the Spring when Ellerie turns 8 (March). I can't believe she will be that old :) Those turned out really cute. Will you email me the quotes and some more info. on the jars. Is it just questions on a strip of paper to get their juices flowing??? If so I think I have that. Really cute journals. Did you clue paper or fabric on them???

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is fabulous! lucky girls that are in your activity days! you are probably such a fun and crafty leader!

Webb Family said...

What a fun calling that was one of my favorites! How fun that Tom asked you that way. I sometimes get worried about all my journals I started when I was 8 and have not stopped! Paige & I both know where all our journals are & if one of us dies we have to keep them for each other.-Does that even make sence hee hee!

Mique said...

Super cute. Love the journals and the journal jars- might have to steal this for my Beehives...what do ya think?