Friday, December 7, 2007

13 Years

13 Reasons Why I Am Thankful I Have Been Married To This Man For 13 Years.
13. He is patient and thoughtful in regards to my arthritis. I'm sure he never planned on marrying a girl who wasn't a sports nut like him but he always says he doesn't mind. He's always watching out for me yet not making me feel like I have anything wrong with me.

12. He's very tall and handsome. Isn't that every girls dream?

11. I actually married two Tom's. "Business Tom" who I love because he is so driven. And "Fun Tom" who I am IN love with because that's who I love to be around. He's goofy and funny and is never afraid to dance around with his girls. "Fun Tom" is who we vacation with, have fun on nights and weekends and love the most! "Business Tom" is smart and successful, always thinking and learning how to better the business and is very conservative. "Fun Tom" flys by the seat of his pants and will head off to Disneyland or go on a cruise at a moments notice, will spoil his girls like no tomorrow and has the funniest smokers laugh I have ever heard! (even though he's NOT a smoker!)
10. He's very spiritual and loves the Lord. He never forgets to say prayers with the girls at night (like I sometimes do). He listens to conference CD's in the car. He makes me a better person and doesn't get mad when I ditch Sunday School to talk in the hall (shame on me!)9. He never gets angry. If he does get upset (which is rare) we have a nice long talk about things and then everything is fine again. I think I have only seen him super mad twice in 13 years. He's a saint I tell ya!
8. He always knows the perfect answer to every question. It doesn't matter the subject he has the answer, but not in a "I'm a know-it-all way. I love listening to him and Cass at night. They always have these deep discussions and it's fun to hear him advise her about all kinds of different subjects.
7. He's the best Daddy to our girls. He loves them so much and makes each of them feel so special. Now that they are getting older (his favorite part) he takes them to do all kinds of fun things. Hiking, skiing, rock climbing, running races and snorkeling. He makes those girls "think" that they can do anything!
6. He's kind and patient and very thoughtful.

5. He's very strong in the areas that I am weak in. He's organized, I'm a little flighty. He's book smart, I've got great common sense. He's super strong, I'm super weak. He can remember everything and I'm losing the brain cells right and left. Oh I forgot that I kick his hiney in the electronics department. He can't figure that kind of thing out to save his life! Good thing we're a team or I'd be out of luck!

4. He tells me he loves me at least 20 times a day. He's so sweet to me and always makes me feel like a queen.

3. He makes it possible for me to stay home and take care of my girls and run the house. I don't know what I would do if I had to go out and get a job. It would break my heart to leave my girls with someone else. I very, very thankful for him giving me this special gift.
2. He puts up with all my faults and never complains if the house isn't perfect or dinner isn't made. And of course all my other faults that I don't want to mention on this blog for everyone to read!
1. I'm so, so thankful to have married my prince charming! He's everything I never knew I always wanted. Here's to 13 years down and eternity to go!

10 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is so cute I almost started to cry. Happy 13 years!! I love all the pictures! You guys are a beautiful couple!

Jenifer said...

Oh Cara, you better be careful or all these women are going to go after your man! You guys are so great together. I love this post!

Dancin Queen said...

What a sweet sweet post. You guys are a stunning couple!

Webb Family said...

What a lucky pair!!! Happy Anniversary!

Crazymamaof6 said...

love this tribute! congrats on 13 wonderful years! you guys are a great team! and a cute cute couple! love it!

onehm said...

This is sooooo soooo sweet!
Congrats on your anniversary!!

Lori said...

I LOVE this post. You've got a good man, and I'm so glad you're happy!! I hope you're surviving your crazy month. I love your Christmas blog. Very cute.

Megan said...

I love hearing women gush about their hubbys (cause that is what I like to do too) He sounds perfect! Congrats on 13 years I hope you 2 had a wonderful anniversary!

cindylou said...

Wow -- 13 years!! You guys are so stinkin' cute! I miss you both heaps! I loved the pictures on this post! Happy Anniversary, Cara Jane and Thomas Lamar! I love you guys! :O)

Crystal Star said...

Cara- I think Tom is an amazing man too! Good thing I could use most of your list on my man, or I'd really be eyeing him. You two are a good match.