Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I Am Breathing.........

Last night I had a little panic attack thinking of all the things I still had left to do. My chest felt tight, I had a hard time catching my breath. My head was reeling with the list in my head. I thought to my self, "why oh why did I not get everything done by Dec. 1st like last year?" That was soooo nice.

However, tonight I am breathing. In and out, in and out. It feels good. I have my list pretty much checked off. Let's see:

1. Presents wrapped - Check (well mostly wrapped so that counts as a check)
2. Christmas cards mailed - Check
3. Friends gifts delivered - 1/2 check ( they are all done but half delivered)
4. Teacher gifts done and delivered - Check
5. Goodies eaten - CHECK!!!
6. House clean - check (one of the main reasons I can breath again!)
7. Homemade presents done - Nope - still sewing over here
8. School parties done - Check
9. The girls Birthday parties on hold till January - Check!!!!!!!
10. Laundry done - Nope
11. Groceries in the house - Nope!
12. Odds and ends to buy - Check!
13. Babysitter for tomorrow's wedding at 3pm - NOPE!!

So I'm going to bed early tonight as apposed to after midnight like the last few nights. My goal was to have everything done by today. Did that happen. Nope. But my list is looking good and I can breath. I think I'm going to make it.


1. How are you doing on your Christmas list?
2. Are you all done and sitting around eating Bon-Bons?
If so I hate you and can you please send me tips on how to be like you!
3. Do you ever get mini panic attacks when feeling overwhelmed?

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

PANIC ATTACKS, NO. screaming bawling fits of despair, yes! got your card today ! loved it! did you design it yourself? super cute! looks to me like you are making great headway! only a couple things to do. you'll get it all done. yeah i am super lame here. the laundry mountain is shrinking thanks to Lance but according to him we have 64 more loads. we'll see. but i can see floor, where my clothes carpet used to be. AND I'm relieved to have teacher gifts out of the way.

Lori said...

Way to go! Your list seems to be farther along than mine. I have yet to wrap one single present yet. I hate it cuz we usually are up sooooo late on Christmas eve wrapping, and we always say we're never going to do this again, and we always do. Oh well, I guess it's become one of our "traditions".

Jenifer said...

Sorry, I am done with everything. No bon bons yet. I am happy to help though with babysitting or wrapping or whatever you need! Let me know.

AddiEphriaMom said...

seeing as how we are NOT going to be spending the next 5 days at our own home...I have to get everything done TODAY, or tomorrow morning, or it won't get done. When I start to panic about it i make a list of the things still left to be done and then I break it into days. so i know what to do each day. breaking it into days makes it not so overwhelming for me. don't know why...it's still the same amount of stuff! but you're almost done! keep breathing!!!

Webb Family said...

Holy crap if you think you should be in a panic you don't want to see my list!!! I soooo wish I was sitting eating bon bons & looking through that fun magazine you dropped off! I hope you will get your fun stuff from me before C-mas! Oh ya if you need me to watch your girls my kiddos would be so excited!!