Friday, February 29, 2008

Fun Friday

I can tell I haven't been up on my blogging lately because I didn't bring my camera today as I would normally do. I'm sad about it because we had a lot of funny moments I could have captured. Lesson learned!

The morning started with me coloring my hair. I think this may be the last time I do i myself. Do you hear that Brooke? I'm ready for you to take the job over. It's not hard and I don't mind doing it it's just I have so much grey that for me to keep it covered I need to do it about every three weeks and I'm sure that's not good for my hair. I'm sure Brooke knows some magic to make my grey disappear for at least a month or maybe more!

Anyway, as I was waiting for my hair to turn from grey to Truffle I decided that I would do a mini facial at the same time. I have been so sick and not been taking care of myself I thought "lets jazz up the tired face too!" So I worked on my eyebrows a little and did a masque while I was waiting. I might want to mention that Tom was home and was having a meeting in the office so I was pretty much confined to my room. Abby was hanging out with me watching Dennis the Menace (her other favorite). All is going well, I'm feeling pretty good about myself when the doorbell rings. It's the landscaper and Tom is NOT answering the door. So I go out in the hall and tell him to answer the door (w/o being seen) He comes around the corner to ask me a question and doubles over in laughter. I'm in my bathrobe with hair color on my head and a white face with two big blue eyes staring at him. He's laughing so hard that I start laughing. So there we are - the landscaper is waiting, Mike is waiting in the office and we are having a laughing fit in the hall. I have to say it is one of our funnier moments.

After getting cleaned up and ready (with make-up and everything-this hasn't happened in weeks) Mindy picks me up so we can go to the back-cracker. On the way we decide to get our toes done since sandal season has begun and our were looking pretty bad! It felt so nice to sit in that massage chair and have someone rub my feet and legs. Abby got hers done to in bubblegum pink with glitter. I always feel bad when I have Abby's toes done because Cassidy is in school and missing out oh well.

I might mention that I have no voice and am still coughing and Abby is fading minute by minute but by gum we are getting out of that house and having Fun Friday if it kills us!

We then headed to the plant store to get Mindy some plants for her back porch. I love this time of year. All the fun plants you can get for your yard. I wish I could have one of everything. It sure does boost my spirits. Makes me even a little giddy.

Then off to the back-cracker who totally fixed me up. I was a mess and he got me all lined up and back on my feet. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have him. Now if I could only get a massage..........

We stopped at Cafe Rio to get some "Brothy and Nice" tortilla soup. It was yummy and I had Mindy in tears when I said "brothy and nice." I guess you had to be there! It was pretty funny.

When we got home Abby had a fever and Cassidy went out to play. I spent the rest of the day on the couch with Abby while Cassidy found a pet lizard, Chris came over and worked on the pinewood derby car, Tom came home and worked from home then went to the store to buy his littlest girl Popsicles, 7up and yogurt per her request. Then he and Cass went on a Daddy Daughter date to eat some Mexican food while I watched BYU TV - John Bytheway. I love that guy. So entertaining and makes everything so simple to understand. I recorded the next three shows he's doing. I can't wait!

This post has turned out much longer than I had planned on. I've totally rambled on and on and bored you all to tears. Sorry about that. I hope March is a better month than February. I am ready to kiss February goodbye and all the germs that have invaded my space!!!

HAPPY LEAP DAY!!!

12 comments:

AddiEphriaMom said...

it sounds like you had a great day! i'm glad you are feeling better!!! i love the idea of "fun friday"...another cara idea i may have to steal or should i say "steele" hehehehe.

Crazymamaof6 said...

AH fun Friday indeed!
yay on the pedi, and back adjustment. whoohoo for that. love the visual of the mask. and color.whoohoo for the daddy daughter date.and bummer about poor Abby. and way fun to go to the plant store.
hope you feel better soon. and everyone at your house does too.
here's hoping for a miraculous recovery!

Jennifer said...

What a fun day! I hope you feel better FAST!!

Duran said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

onehm said...

This sounds like a very wonderful day to me....
I haven't had a day of "beauty and wellness" like that in a LOOOOOOONG time!!!

Glad that you got to enjoy your sweet girls a little bit!

crystal said...

"we are getting out of that house and having Fun Friday if it kills us!"....hahahahahaha! That says it all.

I'm with YOU. March had better be more fun that February. Ugh.

crystal said...

And your hall moment was HILARIOUS!!!! What a visual!

Lori said...

What a fun and funny story with the mask and hair!! Sounds like you had a great friday. And I'm glad you're at the end of the road for sick season!! And it is wonderful the nice weather we've been having!!

cindylou said...

Oh my holy hanna -- I laughed out loud (HARD) when I read your facial / hair dye / laughing with Tom in the hallway story. Cara, you soo crack me up, girl! I miss you!

Anny said...

So funny! You are the best and I hope you have a better month too!

Andrea said...

The robe, the hair-dye, the facial mask, tiptoeing to get hubby to answer door & not be seen by anyone else...TOO FUNNY!!! Love it! Stuff like that happens to me, but no hubby around to get the door. HA HA Lucky YOU!

Sounds like a SUPER FUN Friday!! I want one of those!!

andrea j said...

Bytheway... I Love John Bytheway too!! I'll have to go look for those on BYU TV. Thanks :)

So glad it's March too...I'm ready for spring!