Thursday, March 13, 2008

Making the Kids a Little Smarter

Last week I took Abby and Garrett to the Arizona Museum for Youth.
We had so much fun! I haven't been there since Cassidy was about this age and will definitely have to go back sooner than that! The kids had a BLAST playing in the kids town and I loved seeing all the Jim Henson memorabilia. We got to see Kermit the Frog, Bert and Ernie and a lot of other fun Muppet characters. We also got to go to the Berenstain Bears exhibit and I showed the kids who writes and draws all those fun books. this was very hands on and a definite do over!

Garrett loved picking the corn and grilling me some for a snack.

Abby was of course READY to cook me some lunch.
She's going to be a Chef when she grows up I just know it!
The kids got to make faces out of some fun puppets.

Garrett is so funny!

They LOVED the puppet show and truth be told.... so did I! How fun to put on a puppet show!



They made a story with cute story board pieces.


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Erin said...

We like that place too! Lets go together sometime.

pam said...

Garrett had a great time and I'm sure we will try to go back this summer. Thanks for being a great aunt.

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh yeah love that museum! my kids told em the other day , we needed to make the ro9unds at all of the museums and get memberships again. we used to ahve one at the museum for youth and the southwest museum and the zoo. they think it's time for that again. way cute stuff there right now.

crystal said...

I love the Muppets AND Berenstein Bears so much! Two of my childhood favorites. What a fun place.

Holly said...

Wow. That looks like our kind of museum.

idahohubers said...

Yet another reason to miss living in AZ - what are you trying to do to me here! This and the orange blossoms and the temple display ... ALMOST enough to make a girl forget the 'baking in the oven' feeling every summer.

Akinogal said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

Grandma T. said...

As I was just surfing around I found this blog from "Google Reader" Since it is about the movie Twilight I thought I should tell you about it in case you haven't seen the promos yet. go to www.myblondeambitions.blogspot.com Sorry I don't know how to do a regular link. I hope this will open from here. If not, type it in. Tell me what you think of Edward.

Webb Family said...

We need to go it has been a very long time since we have been too. Looks like you guys had a good time.