Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Love The Smell Of....................

ORANGE BLOSSOMS
When I moved to Arizona in Dec. 93 everything was an adventure. I was on my own for the 1st time in my life and I was loving every minute of it. One of my favorite AZ memories is driving home from work in the spring every night with my windows rolled down breathing in every last scent of the orange blossoms that lined the roads. I thought it was the most heavenly smell I had ever smelt.
Last night I was outside and it's that time of year again!!!! I smelled my favorite smell and was in heaven!!! I love how the whole valley smells like orange blossoms at night in the spring. What could be better than that?
I'm thankful that we have two navel orange trees that give us the yummiest fruit all winter and blossoms that make the air smell so good!

6 comments:

Jenifer said...

My nose must be stuffed, I haven't been smelling them! Bummer. I love the smell, so exotic.

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh i love the smell too. and the gold canyon orange blossom candle is pretty close to the same scent. heavenly! i don't think gilbert gets that scent as much as mesa though. less trees. or maybe it's more cows in gilbert. ;)

Laurie said...

I love that smell too. I've only experienced it once, in California, but I remember it.

AddiEphriaMom said...

i must admit that is also one of my favorite smells!!

one year i walked outside and smelt them. turned around and asked ammon if he could and started crying because i realized he never had because of his allergies! it made me so sad that he had NEVER had the experience of that BEAUTIFUL smell!

THE Bridesmaid said...

I LOVE orange blossoms! When I walked to class at ASU I could smell them...it made my walk to class so great! I loved to "stop and smell the flowers". The Gold Canyon Orange Blossom is one of my favs!

cindylou said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I soo miss the smell of the Orange Blossoms! Now that my family lives in AZ, the smell reminds me of them. Will you send some of that smell up here to CO?