Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday Fun

Today was a fun filled day of a whole lot of nothin'. Gotta love those kind of days.
Tom was going to be gone all day so we did our chores then spent a few hours out by the pool. The water is still cold but if you get in when it's warm outside vs. 8AM to bathe it's quite refreshing.

I then talked the girls into going to look at model homes. I LOVE doing this and so do they. No I am not looking for a home per say but I love getting new decorating ideas. And model homes have the BEST decorating ideas. I only wish my house was as clean and clutter-free as the ones we looked at.

The girls crack me up because the first thing they do is go find the bedrooms and decide which one they will get (like we are buying or something). I do have to say I saw some darling kids rooms - I was drooling big time! Did you know wallpaper is back in style? It is in the models! One bedroom had all four walls covered with white wallpaper covered in little bright yellow and white daisy's. Then the bed had crisp white bedding with bright yellow pillows and two big pictures over the bed that had daisy's on them. I mean it was the cutest thing and it took my breath away when I walked in. Cassidy quickly claimed that room before I could! I'm so sad I didn't bring my camera.

We then had to stop for a treat at Bahama Bucks for some shaved ice. I asked if they were going to build one closer to us but she didn't know. We would go there more but it's kind of far. (I'm so spoiled now that I have so much so close to me).

It was a beautiful day and tonight was just the perfect temperature. I finished my book and made the girls a bedtime CD from itunes. Hopefully this will help with Abby's nightmares. Some of them are songs from my childhood, some are new and one is a song my Mom always sang to the girls and I can't believe I found a copy! It made me sit here and have a good long cry (sniff, sniff).

Here is my Bedtime song list in case you wanted to make one for your kids:
1. You Are My Sunshine - Elizabeth Mitchell
2. Goodnight Irene - Raffi (this is the song my Mom sang to the girls but you have to have the Raffi version only because the other versions are about a barmaid - don't ask)
3. Twinkle twinkle Little Star - Elizabeth Mitchell & Lisa Loab
4. Daughter of a King - Jenny Phillips
5. Baby Mine - Alison Krauss
6. Puff (The Magic Dragon) - Peter, Paul and Mary
7. Catch the Wind - Donovan
8. Capri - Colbie Caillat
9. Fireflies - Faith Hill
10. Oh Susanna - Elizabeth Mitchell

Hope you all had a fun Saturday!

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Sounds like a fun day. I'm so glad you posted the playlist! Loving the idea of bedtime music....

Anny said...

What a great day. I love looking at model homes but haven't had been out much, which probably explains why my house looks so boring and undecorated. The time WILL come. I love your playlist, those are great songs.

Crazymamaof6 said...

sounds delightful! glad you had a fab Saturday!

onehm said...

Great Saturday!!!
And I am loving these lullabies! TFS!

cindylou said...

So...can you go back and take pictures of the cool wallpapered girls room? I am soo in need of cute ideas for my girls' rooms. It sounds so adorable! :o)

Webb Family said...

What a fun day! I love going to model homes too & my kiddos do the same thing. I had plans to wall paper my bathroom when we moved in, still hasn't happened!

idahohubers said...

HOme shopping is one of my favorite things to do! The room sounded really cute but I could never do the wallpaper thing again. We have left over wallpaper from the previous owner and it sucks! I've tried to get it off and gave up. Luckily it is only borders, but still I think it will take me about 5 hours per wall - No fun. I wonder if they'll ever improve the adhesive to stick good but peel right off, now that I could do!

Jennifer said...

Great bedtime cd-you might also like the Martha Stewart Sleeytime collection...check it out!