Monday, June 16, 2008

A Little More Catch-Up



What do you do when at 5:21 pm it's 111 degrees? Yes, I took this picture just to show how hot it was getting around here. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would live somewhere that got this hot. Growing up in a very mild climate (Monterey Bay Area) did not prepare me for such hot weather but surprisingly I LOVE it! Yes, I love the heat. I would rather be hot than cold any day so I am not complaining one bit!

However, as the summer moves forward my creativity for staying cool is always being challenged. The other day we were at the mall and had to stop at the splash pad just to cool off. Abby did not mind at all and enjoyed herself to the fullest 111 degree!
The other day Cassidy and her friend Brianna were playing hair dresser and Cassidy got a comb stuck in her hair. I tried like crazy to get it out but could not get that sucker to move. I called Brooke in desperation and she gave me some tips. After another 20 min. of me trying to loosen the hair but only making it tighter, we got in the car and headed over to Brooke's. Luckily she was at the salon and after cutting the comb into several pieces we got the hair out without having to cut any hair! Thank You SOOOOO much Brooke for saving Cassidy's hair!!!! You are the BEST!!!! I'm sure Cassidy will never do this again!!!

7 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

Funny! Cassidy...whew...that was a close call! Her bangs would have been really short!
Way to save the day Brooke!

Kendra said...

OK - kind of funny about the hair. What are kids thinking sometimes? Ugggg about the heat. I feel like I am on house arrest. With gas prices through the roof and the unbelievable heat, I don't want to go anywhere!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

Love the picture of Cassidy's hair. Abigail did that today in the shower with a double edge comb. She wasn't so lucky we had to cut it out! :) Kids!

Crazymamaof6 said...

OH NO! that is the worst! WHOOHOO for Brooke! she is quite a rockstar!

Webb Family said...

That picture is too funny! I'm glad I could help.

Andrea said...

Looks like the kiddos are havin' fun at the splash pad!! My kids like that too. I'm going to have to keep a towel in the car for spur of the moment occasions like this!

OH NO!!! OUCH!!! A comb stuck. in her hair? WOW!! Thank goodness for great friends!

momof3crazykids said...

yesterday driving from california to gilbert we went through Quartzite,AZ it was 131degrees. whats that all about?