Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New "Cool" Thing

I'm behind in my posts because it's summer and my kids seem to need me to entertain them 24/7. So I entertain them and have no energy or time to blog. Sad I know. Everyday something has happened and I think, "Oh I need to go write that down and blog about it." So here I am and to be honest, I'm so tired that I can't even do back posts because I can't remember what happened this week. I think the heat is doing something to my memory.

I do want to post about the "coolest" thing I have bought this summer!
It's the Rival Shaved Ice Machine
Now mine is bright green (since green is my favorite color and all) and I got it at Fry's today while I was grocery shopping for $17.99. I just looked it up on Target.com and it was $24 and they were out of stock.

We made some shaved ice after dinner and you would think I was Mom Of The Year or something. The girls ate their dinner (miracle) cleared the table, put everything away, wiped the table clean and all in about 5 min! I was in shock I tell ya.

I shaved some ice cubes from the freezer and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the ice was SHAVED! It was thin, light, fluffy powder like snow shaved ice. I'm thinking this is worth every penny I just spent. My kids LOVE cold things. I make smoothie Popsicles and they eat those faster than they can melt. This will be a very nice addition to the smoothie pops and cheaper.

I was on a blog the other day that was very interesting and she had made her own shaved ice syrup out of fruit juice. I may have to go back and investigate on how she did that. That would be better than loading these little baby's with sugar syrup. Here is her blog if anyone is interested in getting some good home cookin' ideas - Heavenly Homemakers.

Other than that, today I went to the Dr. (It was far!), went to the grocery store - got my shaved ice machine, produce, pool things, a year supply of cat food for Flower, unloaded the groceries, went and picked up Abby at Garrett's, Picked up Cassidy and Brooke and her kids and went to the pool. Spent a few hours at a new public pool that was not crowded and it was very fun (course all my girly-friends were there and who doesn't have fun with them?!), came home made dinner, cleaned up helped the girls clean up and am now blogging. I am so tired I think I may be in bed before dark and that is unlike me! I'm still getting over my cold so I'll use that as an excuse.

Tomorrow will be another summer day but my goal is to find some time for me and do a little blogging. Maybe after a good nights rest I'll have my memory back and I can catch up on this weeks highlights!

Night!

11 comments:

Bits Of Becca said...

Sound pretty cool, fun, and easy. I wonder if Montana would have them. It doesn't get as hot as AZ, but it gets hot enough for us to want some shaved ice.

Brandi said...

Will have to go get one. Sounds great. I remember having shaved ice as a kid and loving ever bit of it. Way to go with your garden. You have always been good at that!

cindylou said...

Yummy!! What a fun treat to have on a HOT Arizona day! :o)

Vidal's Nest said...

We have one of these also. My kids love making them. In Utah we always went to the snow shack to get snow cones,so it is fun to be able to have them here too!

Webb Family said...

I won a shaved ice maker at bunko a few years ago & we all love it. I need to check out that healthy juice recipe. Thanks for picking us up yesterday. we all had a blast & Carter is still asking about you! I think he's in love!

Melody said...

I hear you on the whole kids home no time for Mom thing. We don't have a fancy shaved ice machine, but a good old fashioned Snoopy Snow Cone maker, which the kids love. Surprisingly, b/c it's a lot of work for a little treat. I actually pour left over smoothie into ice cube trays and freeze to shave later. It works better than ice as the fruit is softer, plus all natural sugars.

Lori said...

I hear ya with the whole summer, no time to blog, thing. It's tricky. But you're doing better than me! Sounds like you're staying busy. I'll have to check out that shaved ice maker. My kids would probably love it!

andrea j said...

I think it would be fun to have one of those! Thanks for the review :)

Cara said...

this is a test - please ignore!

Vidal's Nest said...

thank u for being proud of me, hannah

Emy5 said...

Wow what a great treat shaved ice is. We have a slushy maker which works with soda, but I'm thinking shaved ice is probably better for ya!