Sunday, June 29, 2008

This Weeks Happenings.........

This week has been filled with fun and organizing!! The girls had a fun "Kids Camp" everyday for a few hours down the street at the neighbors. That was great for me because I got a lot done while they were here - bribery and all - and while they weren't here - not having to entertain them!

Monday - I went with Monica and Mindy to the new Hobby Lobby. We dubbed it Michaels on steroids! Seriously - a lot of great stuff and fancy stuff too! We had a lot of fun in there trying hard not to buy stuff we wanted but didn't need! Then we headed over to MAC Cosmetics
for a "MAC-over" haa, haa Monica made that up! Ü Anyway we had a grand time and we were there for two hours at least. Stephanie helped us and she did a great job - better than Luise (remember him who was wearing more makeup than me?). Then we headed over to Sephora and got the mascara that I have been wanting ever since I read it on two different blogs and they were both gushing about it. Dior Show (for thickness) and Fiberwig (for length) it works wonders and makes you look like you are wearing falsies - for real I promise!!! We had so much fun!! Thanks girls!

Tuesday - I did a lot of laundry - and put it away! - cleaned and organized my linen closet and junk drawer, the girls went to Kids Camp and then I took Cass to Abacus. She is doing really well in Abacus (math) I can't wait for her to move up a level - neither can she!! While we were waiting it was 117 and I didn't feel like driving or sitting in the car so Abby and I went to explore the library that is over there. Abby played with puzzles and I read my book. It was cool and the time passed quickly!

Wednesday - This was my favorite day of the week! We got to got to Aimee's pool and swim, swim, swim! The kids had a blast on the slide, jumping rocks, rope swing and diving board. We had a great time sitting in her comfy chairs watching all 28 kids swim. Yes you got that right - 28 kids! Crazy! Thank you Thank you Aimee for a wonderful day and letting us hang out at your house for 5 hours!! It was the best!

Thursday - clean up from the week, kids camp, more organizing, more laundry, Lori LL-K who I am suposed to visit monthly came and brought ME bread!! How nice is that? And it was delish!! I promise to come visit you in July! I then went to girls night out at Pita Jungle - had the Mediterranean Roasted Chicken Shawarma-My favorite!! (thanks girls - loved it!!) and I scrapped a page for my "Page-of-the-Month" frame in my kitchen. It's a Daddy page and is so cute! I'll take a picture and post it.

Friday we went and saw - Wall-e. Two of us got there an hour early because we had to save two whole rows of seats (remember 28 kids!). It was very interesting and yes words and dirty looks were said in our direction - whatever! I have to say that most of the group liked the movie - Me...not so much. I was pretty much bored to tears! I even fell asleep - sorry if I am offending anyone. This was just not my kind of movie! Abby was bored too - we should have left Tom and Cass and the rest of the bunch and went to see something else! Again - another reason why I wait to watch at home. After that Tom surprised us and didn't go back to work after the movie! We went walking around the mall, ran some errands, went to dinner. We love having Tom around he always makes everything so fun!!!

Saturday Abby and I picked 17 tomatoes out of the garden and made salsa. I didn't have some of the ing. I needed from the recipe I was making but it turned out o.k. Not hot enough for my liking. Next time I will get all the right stuff I need. I'm sure I will be making more in about 4 days when I pick tomatoes again. I also made Lori's/Mindy's beans and they were a hit over here. Beans and rice are Cassidy's all time fav!! She was so excited to eat the beans right out of the crockpot. I took half the pinto beans and mashed them into refried beans (why are they called that anyway? I didn't fry them??) and I let Cass be the taste-tester. She took one big bite and her eye's got HUGE and she said half surprised/half excited "These are GOOOOOOOD!!!! Since she is the picky one in the house this is HUGE!!! Thanks Mindy for the recipe and the cumin and oregano!!! We loved 'em!!!

That is my week in review. Hopefully I will be a better blogger this week and will post some pictures I took over the weekend. Happy Monday!

12 comments:

Bits Of Becca said...

What a fun week. I thought my summer was going to have some structure to it, but so far no. Crazy as can be. I wish by kids would eat beans. I can barely get them to eat chilly.

Grandma T. said...

We also saw Wall.e Friday (at the Cinamark.) After the first cute part about Wall.e I was ticked off. It turned out to be a environmental statement and not the cute family movie all our kids and grandchildren paid to see. Please call with the bean recipe!

Crazymamaof6 said...

sounds like a fun week! busy busy! and so many fun friends! that is great!

Anny said...

What a busy week. I thought summer was for relaxing? I am busier now than ever. I get my mascara from Sephora but it is called "Kiss Me". It's not like real mascara, when I wash it off it slides off and looks like little spider legs. Anyway, I love it and will have to check-out the other stuff. The salsa sounds yummy, Jim makes salsa in our family. I wish I had a garden for him.

dalton family said...

Cara, you have been doing this for a while I can tell. Your blog looks great. Thanks for all you sweet comments! I just saw you this morning had commented. I told sue you guys can all come over and we'll make this bread together. It is so amazing! I love these blogs and seeing what everyone is doing. Yes, let me know when you are ready to take names to the Temple. It is so easy. If you are planning a temple trip you just print them and go!! Love you Miss.

Tash said...

I love MAC. Yeah and I found these awesome knobs at hobby lobby the other day it was only my 2nd time there but I do love it. I don't love everything there but you can definitely find some treasures!! I will have to post my find later in the week. You always think summer is going to be kick back and then you want to do so much stuff it always winds up being busier

Vidal's Nest said...

Sounds like a fun week! I love Hobby Lobby!I used to go to the one in Arvada Co. Pretty fun!
Wall-e looks like it sucked bummer!

sara said...

what a fun week...the beans sound amazing, can i have the recipe?...ok the movie wall-e looked so dumb to me, thanks for the critique, some of my kids wanted to see it and i have kept saying no, so now i know for sure we will NOT be seeing it on the big screen...oh and by the way i LOVE your new countertops...

Brandi said...

Sounds like a fun busy week. Glad you are enjoying your summer and getting some work done along the way.

Brandi said...

Oh, also like the counter tops and Tom's father day cake. So sweet. He is a great dad!

miscellany said...

Thanks for you comment neighbor. We did enjoy the being with the fam part, not so much the moving in 110 heat! But it's all good. So quit bogarting the tomatoes, get them out in the neighborhood!!! Lets have a farmers market at your house!

raising4boys said...

Thanks for the review on Wall-E. My hubby wanted to take us all to see it this week. Maybe I'll just send him and the oldest boys.